Farewell to Vetus Ordo: Share the Memories
[quote='JayneK' pid='966569' dateline='1328021603']
A Jew can break all 613 commandments. 

I thought there were just 10?  ???
(01-30-2012, 11:53 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Where did I put my prayer shawl and rainbow yarmaluke?

Welcome back sir.
This ones for you:

What is the purpose of this??
(01-31-2012, 10:53 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 11:53 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Where did I put my prayer shawl and rainbow yarmaluke?

Welcome back sir.
This ones for you:
[video of rabbincial Jew removed]

I don't know why you think Vetus would appreciate a video of a rabbinical Jew.  I also do not know why you posted the same thing in the "post your vid" thread along with a joking claim that it was a video of Vetus.  Maybe you think this is funny.  After all, there are people who think that flatulence is funny.  Your jokes stink too.  A joke about someone being Jewish is about as funny as joking about him being a child molester.

Jews are the first enemies of the Church, going back to our earliest days.  The first Christians met in synagogues until we were expelled.  To this day,  Rabbinical Judaism defines itself by opposition to Christianity.  A Jew can break all 613 commandments.  He can deny the existence of God.  He is still considered a Jew.  However, if he accepts Jesus Christ as the Son of God, our Lord and Saviour, a person is no longer accepted as a Jew.  Rabbinical Judaism is not just any false religion.  It is one that has hating Christianity right at its core.  This is not funny.
Don't be so dramatic and get off your low horse.
You are lost.
(01-31-2012, 11:18 AM)Heinrich Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 10:53 AM)JayneK Wrote: A Jew can break all 613 commandments. 

I thought there were just 10?  ???

Quote:The 613 commandments (Hebrew: תרי"ג מצוות‎: taryag mitzvot, "613 Mitzvot"; Biblical Hebrew: Miṣwoth) is a numbering of the statements and principles of law, ethics, and spiritual practice contained in the Torah or Five Books of Moses. The numbering was first made by Rabbi Simlai in Talmud Makkot 23b.

For more information see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments
I thought Jayne was the one against Jew-bashing.  Now she's dishing it out??

:safe:

Who's this guy Yom Kippur they got booked on Friday?
Charlie Cassotto Maffia
(01-31-2012, 03:00 PM)Walty Wrote: I thought Jayne was the one against Jew-bashing.  Now she's dishing it out??

A statement like "Jews are greedy" is Jew-bashing. Writing about the historical enmity that rabbinical Judaism has had toward Christianity is history.
JayneK,
             So a person who is Jewish can break all 613 mitzvots,deny the existence of God,etc.and still be called a Jew(Jewish)?My wife wants to know where you get your info from,as she is most unabashedly Jewish.Cite rabbinical sources or a reliable document that backs that statement up.
Heinrich,many of these 613 mitzvots were put into place for health issues ( lobsters,for example were and still are considered by many people to be ocean going cockroaches,bottom dwellers that eat any form of waste available ),limitations on sexual issues ( would you really want to sleep with your sister? ) or certain items put in to prevent identifying from their enemies e.g.read the one about passing children through fires of Molech.
(01-31-2012, 07:57 PM)pander44 Wrote: JayneK,
             So a person who is Jewish can break all 613 mitzvots,deny the existence of God,etc.and still be called a Jew(Jewish)?My wife wants to know where you get your info from,as she is most unabashedly Jewish.Cite rabbinical sources or a reliable document that backs that statement up.

I don't know what you consider reliable.  Here is a quote from a Jewish information site:
Quote:A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. In this sense, Judaism is more like a nationality than like other religions, and being Jewish is like a citizenship.
http://www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm
Wrong answer to the question.Maybe find out what a Minim is and relate that to your statement of breaking commandments and denying the existence of God.I won't bother to cite sources as all you have to do is read the Old Testament and you will find what it says about all this.