Farewell to Vetus Ordo: Share the Memories
(01-20-2012, 09:11 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 08:58 PM)Tapatio Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 08:04 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:35 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: Vetus will be missed. Back in October, when I made the Fisheaters theme song montage video, I dedicated a 15 second spot just for a post from him.

It was creepy that he wrote it and creepy that you thought it worth featuring.  Despising Jews is not a central tenet of Catholicism.
Tell that to St. John Chrysostom. He SAID it.
Jaynek, Jaynek, are you always this vitriolic?

She donates money to this forum; money runs the world, not orthodoxy. Another censorship of the truth, for the sake of some modernist propaganda. God repel the wolves!

It's absurd to think he got banned because Jayne has a subscription.
:(

He used to always call me a man in chat, and I referred to him as Mr. Two Houses.

I hope he can come back!

G+ is also to be remembered.
I've been a long time lurker on this site, and I have to say that Vetus Ordo was my favorite poster. His knowledge of the Catholic faith is amazing, and his posts were always well written and informative. What awful, shameful news. I learned alot from him.

*Goes back to lurking*
This indefatigable warrior for the Faith will be missed on this forum. Ave atque vale, Vetus!  :salute:
(01-20-2012, 06:05 PM)JayneK Wrote: He questioned whether I was really Catholic and called me a crypto-Jew.
Don't be so dramatic
waahhh waahhhh
(01-20-2012, 06:05 PM)JayneK Wrote: He questioned whether I was really Catholic and called me a crypto-Jew.

That was completely inappropriate, as were some of his posts which hinted at some semi-Calvinist tendencies of his.

Nevertheless, Vetus was one of the most intelligent and open-minded members of this forum.
(01-20-2012, 08:48 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 08:04 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:35 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: Vetus will be missed. Back in October, when I made the Fisheaters theme song montage video, I dedicated a 15 second spot just for a post from him.

It was creepy that he wrote it and creepy that you thought it worth featuring.  Despising Jews is not a central tenet of Catholicism.
Jaynek, just can it! This is not about you. I won't fall for your bait.
Vetus, you will be missed!

Your name is bait.  I think most people realize that you did not choose the name Gottmittuns because you are a good little kitten who found its mittens and you shall have some pie.  It was engraved on the belt buckles of Nazi soldiers.  No wonder some people think that trads are Nazi sympathizers.
(01-20-2012, 08:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:44 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:34 PM)Walty Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:32 PM)JayneK Wrote:

To be fair, he apologized for this, both publicly and privately. 

Are you serious!?!?!?

And you still thought it was appropriate to bring up, especially here?

No, it was not appropriate, neither here nor anywhere.  I was wrong to do it.

Jayne, perhaps you could pick a more opportune and appropriate thread to nitpick at everything than this one?  Probably best just to let it go.

I should not have posted about something he apologized for and I plan to confess it and do penance.  But I do not plan to shut up in this thread.  Vetus is not dead and this is not a eulogy.  He was a flawed human being like the rest of us.  He brought both good and bad qualities to the forum.
(01-21-2012, 12:21 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 08:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:44 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:34 PM)Walty Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:32 PM)JayneK Wrote:

To be fair, he apologized for this, both publicly and privately. 

Are you serious!?!?!?

And you still thought it was appropriate to bring up, especially here?

No, it was not appropriate, neither here nor anywhere.  I was wrong to do it.

Jayne, perhaps you could pick a more opportune and appropriate thread to nitpick at everything than this one?  Probably best just to let it go.

I should not have posted about something he apologized for and I plan to confess it and do penance.  But I do not plan to shut up in this thread.  Vetus is not dead and this is not a eulogy.  He was a flawed human being like the rest of us.  He brought both good and bad qualities to the forum.

There is no point in going on in this thread the way you have been when it is clear that no one wants to hear it- at this point, you'll be purposefully antagonizing people.  You can start your own thread about what Vetus's flaws are if you're so concerned about talking of them, although I hope you don't. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I will miss Vetus Ordo!  And gosh I just responded to a post of his and had hoped he would return the favor!

He lived up to his name, "Vetus Ordo", in the best way.  Even when I disagreed with him I admired his knowledge of the faith and his firm attachment to it.