Farewell to Vetus Ordo: Share the Memories
(01-21-2012, 12:25 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: There is no point in going on in this thread the way you have been when it is clear that no one wants to hear it- at this point, you'll be purposefully antagonizing people.  You can start your own thread about what Vetus's flaws are if you're so concerned about talking of them, although I hope you don't. 

Do I strike you as the sort of person who bases her posts on avoiding antagonizing people?  I would not have the fishy score I do if I cared about the popularity of my opinions.
Soo....Got Mittens is here after being banned several times.

Obviously, this means Vetus will be back, too. I refuse to mourn. Meanwhile, let's not forget about this:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...=3440431.0
Arun also had his ban lifted.  I doubt this is a permanent ban. 
(01-21-2012, 12:21 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 08:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:44 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:34 PM)Walty Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:32 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 06:05 PM)JayneK Wrote: He questioned whether I was really Catholic and called me a crypto-Jew.

To be fair, he apologized for this, both publicly and privately. 

Are you serious!?!?!?

And you still thought it was appropriate to bring up, especially here?

No, it was not appropriate, neither here nor anywhere.  I was wrong to do it.

Jayne, perhaps you could pick a more opportune and appropriate thread to nitpick at everything than this one?  Probably best just to let it go.

I should not have posted about something he apologized for and I plan to confess it and do penance.  But I do not plan to shut up in this thread.  Vetus is not dead and this is not a eulogy.  He was a flawed human being like the rest of us.  He brought both good and bad qualities to the forum.

Continuing this path is your ego talking.
(01-21-2012, 12:47 AM)LuminousPax Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 12:21 AM)JayneK Wrote: I should not have posted about something he apologized for and I plan to confess it and do penance.  But I do not plan to shut up in this thread.  Vetus is not dead and this is not a eulogy.  He was a flawed human being like the rest of us.  He brought both good and bad qualities to the forum.

Continuing this path is your ego talking.

I dare say it seems that way.
(01-21-2012, 12:37 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 12:25 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: There is no point in going on in this thread the way you have been when it is clear that no one wants to hear it- at this point, you'll be purposefully antagonizing people.  You can start your own thread about what Vetus's flaws are if you're so concerned about talking of them, although I hope you don't. 

Do I strike you as the sort of person who bases her posts on avoiding antagonizing people?  I would not have the fishy score I do if I cared about the popularity of my opinions.

What you strike me as or what your popularity is are irrelevant.  What I said is that no one wants to hear or listen to how you're talking on this topic, and to continue to do so is not an exercise in anything but antagonism.  If Vetus Ordo was a freemason atheist and people didn't want to hear you keep going on and on it would be same same thing- the point is that with the knowledge of your opinion on the issue being rejected wholeheartedly and unanimously, to obstinately persist in it is no longer simply "sharing" or "giving your two cents" but antagonistic, and I'm pretty sure you know this.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-21-2012, 12:21 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 08:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:44 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:34 PM)Walty Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 07:32 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 06:05 PM)JayneK Wrote: He questioned whether I was really Catholic and called me a crypto-Jew.

To be fair, he apologized for this, both publicly and privately. 

Are you serious!?!?!?

And you still thought it was appropriate to bring up, especially here?

No, it was not appropriate, neither here nor anywhere.  I was wrong to do it.

Jayne, perhaps you could pick a more opportune and appropriate thread to nitpick at everything than this one?  Probably best just to let it go.

I should not have posted about something he apologized for and I plan to confess it and do penance.  But I do not plan to shut up in this thread.  Vetus is not dead and this is not a eulogy.  He was a flawed human being like the rest of us.  He brought both good and bad qualities to the forum.
Stop with the bitterness Jane. Please.
Farewell Vetus.
I'm also in the group of people who sometimes disagreed with him. I also think that he sometimes stated his case a bit strongly at first.

But he was always prepared to debate with those that disagreed with him calmly and courteously and he really had the courage of his convictions. He was an excellent poster and I respect him greatly. I hope he comes back in the future.
Vetus come back! I want to hear more about the Tsar...

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...030.0.html