Farewell to Vetus Ordo: Share the Memories
Looks like Vetus is gone again:

(07-14-2012, 03:35 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 03:10 PM)tmw89 Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:59 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Vetus has been banned from FE. So it looks like we can end this discussion.

I thought he had just returned?

Link??!!

No link. He just emailed me.

sad(
(02-24-2012, 09:43 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 09:23 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 01:56 PM)JoniCath Wrote: That is NOT a part of Traditional Catholicism.........in fact, being anti any race or religion is not Catholic at all. [/size]

My mind reels at actually reading this sort of statement, reeking of indifferentism, on a Traditional Catholic forum!

I think there has been a misunderstanding of what JoniCath wrote. Based on her other posts, it is very unlikely she holds all religions to be equally as good as Catholicism.  I'm pretty sure that she meant that we should not hate or mistreat people because of their religion. 

Thank you, Jayne. I've been in the hospital & a rehab unit for 3 wks. (I have a brand, new knee & the rehab/therapy team had to teach me how to walk with it).I just found that my post re.
anti-semitism on this forum not being part of Traditional Catholicism. I grew up,before Vatican II, married & had 4children before Vatican II & I VERY MUCH understand Trad. Catholicism. YES, i believe that the only true religion is Catholicism,. That does not mean that I am allowed to judge those PEOPLE who belong to another religion.. I do not like what the Jews believe & I know that their teachings about Christ  being simply a prophet are totally off base. I've wondered, all of my life, "how long is it going to take these people to accept the truth," but, in the Catholic schools of the 40's we prayed for the Jews, but we were NEVER taught to be "against" them, Jovan.

(07-15-2012, 10:28 AM)JoniCath Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 09:43 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 09:23 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 01:56 PM)JoniCath Wrote: That is NOT a part of Traditional Catholicism.........in fact, being anti any race or religion is not Catholic at all. [/size]

My mind reels at actually reading this sort of statement, reeking of indifferentism, on a Traditional Catholic forum!

I think there has been a misunderstanding of what JoniCath wrote. Based on her other posts, it is very unlikely she holds all religions to be equally as good as Catholicism.  I'm pretty sure that she meant that we should not hate or mistreat people because of their religion. 

Thank you, Jayne. I've been in the hospital & a rehab unit for 3 wks. (I have a brand, new knee & the rehab/therapy team had to teach me how to walk with it).I just found that my post re.
anti-semitism on this forum not being part of Traditional Catholicism. I grew up,before Vatican II, married & had 4children before Vatican II & I VERY MUCH understand Trad. Catholicism. YES, i believe that the only true religion is Catholicism,. That does not mean that I am allowed to judge those PEOPLE who belong to another religion.. I do not like what the Jews believe & I know that their teachings about Christ  being simply a prophet are totally off base. I've wondered, all of my life, "how long is it going to take these people to accept the truth," but, in the Catholic schools of the 40's we prayed for the Jews, but we were NEVER taught to be "against" them, Jovan.

Just a small addition. We WERE taught to worry more about OUR OWN SINS & let God worry about other people's sins. Yes, we prayed for all non-Catholics.........but most of us had enough sins of our own to keep ourselves on our knees.
(07-15-2012, 10:34 AM)JoniCath Wrote: Just a small addition. We WERE taught to worry more about OUR OWN SINS & let God worry about other people's sins. Yes, we prayed for all non-Catholics.........but most of us had enough sins of our own to keep ourselves on our knees.

That is true. However, the sins of others are not none of our concern. We can personally sin by participating in the sins of others by:

* By Counsel: Advising another to do evil

* By Command: Commanding another to do an evil

* By Consent: Consenting to the evil done by another

* By Provocation: Provoking another to do evil

* By Praise: Praising another for their sin (or praising the sin)

* By Concealment: Concealing the sin of another (note: this is more covering up the sin of another rather than not publishing the sin of others...this is part of the next topic)

* By Participation: By participating in the commission of a sin (essentially, aiding with the sin so the person whose sin it is can complete the act)

* By Silence: Silence when one should have spoken out. This is especially important for those who have authority over others. This is in force when silence is directly complicit with the evil being done.

* By Defense: Defending evil done by another

A more detailed examination: http://nonpeccabis.blogspot.com/2012/04/...thers.html