Farewell Alaric!
You were a great Fisheater! You'll be missed. I've always loved your energy and combativeness, and your unwillingness to water down your opinions to please the PC crowd.
Good riddance.
He get banned too? What a shame. I always appreciated his curmudgeonly attitude.
Did HE? I thought he was an excellent poster. How is Dr Bombay still here then?
And yet another thread which, under the pretense of being a tribute, the moderator's decisions are questioned.
(01-21-2012, 02:53 PM)JayneK Wrote: And yet another thread which, under the pretense of being a tribute, the moderator's decisions are questioned.

Forum Rules Wrote:8. Don't derail threads. Stay on topic. And, especially, don't derail threads with unnecessary ad hominems and personal attacks.
(01-21-2012, 02:57 PM)tmw89 Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 02:53 PM)JayneK Wrote: And yet another thread which, under the pretense of being a tribute, the moderator's decisions are questioned.

Forum Rules Wrote:8. Don't derail threads. Stay on topic. And, especially, don't derail threads with unnecessary ad hominems and personal attacks.

I have no problem with derailing threads that should not have been started in the first place.  However, if Vox tells me that I must leave alone these faux-tributes, I will of course do what she says.
FE's own Insanity Wolf.

[Image: tumblr_lo74gaLL0C1qcqorzo1_500.jpg]

Can't say I'll miss him one bit. Nope.

I don't see anyone questioning the decision (at least not yet). There are questions asking IF it happened, and if it did, there are folks saying they'll miss him. That is not questioning any decisions of the moderator.
(01-21-2012, 03:33 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:

I don't see anyone questioning the decision (at least not yet). There are questions asking IF it happened, and if it did, there are folks saying they'll miss him. That is not questioning any decisions of the moderator.

RBJ, it looks like this is just what she wants.  I should have realized it earlier myself - it's best to simply not engage her.

To stay on topic, I'll say I didn't interact with alaric much (if ever?) but mostly enjoyed reading his posts, whether or not I agreed with him on a given topic.