Farewell Alaric!
(01-21-2012, 03:33 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 02:53 PM)JayneK Wrote: And yet another thread which, under the pretense of being a tribute, the moderator's decisions are questioned.

I don't see anyone questioning the decision (at least not yet). There are questions asking IF it happened, and if it did, there are folks saying they'll miss him. That is not questioning any decisions of the moderator.

This post seemed to me to be questioning moderation:
Quote:Did HE? I thought he was an excellent poster. How is Dr Bombay still here then?
 That "did he?" sounds rhetorical, rather than a request for information, in this context.  
Yeah, people who call a Jew a "hymie" -- or calls someone who is not a Jew "hymie" (as was the case here) -- will get banned. It know it's really controversial to run a forum that way.  Brother.
I didn't get along with Alaric at all, and was personally insulted by him on a number of occasions but I appreciated that he was straightforward.  And although this may seem odd to say, considering that we didn't get along- I got the impression that he didn't hold grudges after spats, as there were times when we acknowledged we agreed with eachother even after we fought like animals. I don't think that FE was the end all be all for him, so I hope that his life is in good working order and that things go only well for him. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-21-2012, 03:19 PM)Spooky Wrote: FE's own Insanity Wolf.

[Image: tumblr_lo74gaLL0C1qcqorzo1_500.jpg]

This is just about perfect.  :LOL:
(01-21-2012, 03:39 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 03:33 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 02:53 PM)JayneK Wrote: And yet another thread which, under the pretense of being a tribute, the moderator's decisions are questioned.

I don't see anyone questioning the decision (at least not yet). There are questions asking IF it happened, and if it did, there are folks saying they'll miss him. That is not questioning any decisions of the moderator.

This post seemed to me to be questioning moderation:
Quote:Did HE? I thought he was an excellent poster. How is Dr Bombay still here then?
 That "did he?" sounds rhetorical, rather than a request for information, in this context.  
Your wrong I really didnt know.
So long, Alaric.

Just because someone gets banned doesn't mean that people can't appreciate their good qualities.  You seem full of hate and can't stand when a poster that you don't personally like is shown support or talked about in a positive way.

As Gottmittuns said, this isn't about you. 
(01-21-2012, 09:17 PM)Walty Wrote:

Just because someone gets banned doesn't mean that people can't appreciate their good qualities.  You seem full of hate and can't stand when a poster that you don't personally like is shown support or talked about in a positive way.

As Gottmittuns said, this isn't about you. 

I have no feelings one way or the other about Alaric.  He mostly posted on topics I wasn't interested in.  We rarely interacted.  Oddly enough, the reason I gave for objecting to this thread is my reason for objecting to this thread.  I see this kind of thread as a way to question moderator's decisions.  So I guess we all agree - it isn't about me.

edited to add: Here is an example of a tribute thread (to Vetus)  that was not in the context of a banning: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...431.0.html
I did not object and even added my own tribute to the thread.
:'(
(01-21-2012, 02:50 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: Did HE? I thought he was an excellent poster. How is Dr Bombay still here then?

Because no one cares what you think.  Whiner.  :bronxcheer: