My views on Judaism
I confess to using the term Jew York city. But cant we be snarky and clever without being antisemitic? I use the term as a geopolitical joke and satire. Because it is quite frankly true about New York. And is it fair to say that people who Identify themselves  as Jews but pretend to being objective when discussing Israel, or APAC, or the Middle east are being at best disingenuous? There is no reverse terms for Jews who are bigotted against non jews is there.
(01-22-2012, 03:34 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Beyond that, for others you will be a "crypto Jew" if you merely challenge their choice of words, if you don't join them in their derision, if you take offense at their little bites like saying "Jewy Seinfeld" instead of Jerry Seinfeld. -- and the like.  Once I was called a "Jew-lover" because I said I wouldn't mind it if this subforum was closed.

I don't get how like digs like saying "Jewy Seinfeld" are supposed to be Catholic. I would expect people who realize that Judaism is a false religion and that Jews need to accept Christ would want to attract Jews to Catholicism.  How does being obnoxious lead to the salvation of souls?  Sure, telling Jews they need to accept Christ will offend them, but why go out of one's way to needlessly offend them?
(01-22-2012, 04:02 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: I confess to using the term Jew York city. But cant we be snarky and clever without being antisemitic? I use the term as a geopolitical joke and satire. Because it is quite frankly true about New York.

That one wouldn't offend me.  I guess it would depend on who you said it too.

(01-22-2012, 04:02 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: And is it fair to say that people who Identify themselves  as Jews but pretend to being objective when discussing Israel, or APAC, or the Middle east are being at best disingenuous? There is no reverse terms for Jews who are bigotted against non jews is there.

I think the word "bigot" covers bigots of any religion. 
Quote:Since Christ, those who accept Him are their spiritual descendents.

Those who accept Christ are whose spiritual descendents? We are now in the Age of Grace. We die in Christ and are reborn through the Fount of Baptism. Kind of sloppy writing for someone who is usually so highly detailed.

Quote:People who reject Christ are the spiritual descendents of the Jews who rejected Christ.

Not quite. The Jews, more properly, the Israelites and/or Hebrews, were indeed a chosen people. But their rejection of Christ was of greater import than those who do not accept Christ today for whatever reason, or are atheists. And how does that make them spritual descendents of the people that had every blessing and were waiting? I can kind of follow along with you, but I think the definition is certainly lacking and can be of much greater substance. 

Quote:I do not think that Jewish bloodlines are especially relevant anymore, only faith in Christ.

Why back into this one? If only Faith in Christ is important, than obviously bloodlines are entrierely irrelevant. Why this endless need to split hairs?

I seem to detect a desire on your part to think in terms of descendents, bloodlines and ancestery which is gone with the wind. IMHO. Since Christ, the Jews are entirely irrelevant to Salvation, Perhaps you think this too, but are tip-toeing through the tulips, so to speak. But not pointing this out, does an injustice to the Incarnation, Death and Ressurection of our Lord. It was a game changer.

(01-22-2012, 04:07 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-22-2012, 04:02 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: I confess to using the term Jew York city. But cant we be snarky and clever without being antisemitic? I use the term as a geopolitical joke and satire. Because it is quite frankly true about New York.

That one wouldn't offend me.  I guess it would depend on who you said it too.

(01-22-2012, 04:02 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: And is it fair to say that people who Identify themselves  as Jews but pretend to being objective when discussing Israel, or APAC, or the Middle east are being at best disingenuous? There is no reverse terms for Jews who are bigotted against non jews is there.

I think the word "bigot" covers bigots of any religion. 
Yes but bigot does not slay careers and lives like the term antisemite
(01-22-2012, 04:12 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
Quote:I do not think that Jewish bloodlines are especially relevant anymore, only faith in Christ.

Why back into this one? If only Faith in Christ is important, than obviously bloodlines are entrierely irrelevant. Why this endless need to split hairs?

I seem to detect a desire on your part to think in terms of descendents, bloodlines and ancestery which is gone with the wind. IMHO. Since Christ, the Jews are entirely irrelevant to Salvation, Perhaps you think this too, but are tip-toeing through the tulips, so to speak. But not pointing this out, does an injustice to the Incarnation, Death and Ressurection of our Lord. It was a game changer.

I first left out the "especially" but then I was thinking of the salvation of the Jews in the end times, when as a  people they accept Christ.  That seems to be somehow connected to bloodlines.

And I can't help splitting hairs - too many theology classes.   :grin:
(01-22-2012, 04:18 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(01-22-2012, 04:07 PM)JayneK Wrote: I think the word "bigot" covers bigots of any religion. 
Yes but bigot does not slay careers and lives like the term antisemite

I know what you mean.  It's like "homophobic" and "misogynist".  People make these things into absolute taboos and then the definition of them creeps larger and larger until almost anything is a thought crime.  Just saying that Jews need to accept Christ for salvation, as I did, is enough to get me labelled as antisemitic by many people.  That's crazy.
This woman answers those Jews who complain about antisemitism abroad especially in the usa.

(01-22-2012, 04:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: This woman answers those Jews who complain about antisemitism abroad especially in the usa.

That is one good documentary.
Defamation.
Yes it is. I love it when ABe Foxman realizes hes been out foxed by the documentary maker....lol....Foxmans own preferential treatment of Jews only sucker punches him. Its great!