My views on Judaism
We shouldn't hate or make fun of anyone.

I feel bad for today's Jews because they missed the boat.

I respect the older Jewish faith because SO MANY of our customs came from that and they are our descendants.  But when they rejected Christ, the temple was torn down, and they rewrote their Torah to take out a few references that made it blantantely obvious Jesus was The One, that's the point they went wrong.  Rabbinic Judiasm is today, what is a good phrase to label Judiasm pre-Christ?
(01-28-2012, 01:18 PM)Protrident Wrote: We shouldn't hate or make fun of anyone.

I feel bad for today's Jews because they missed the boat.

I respect the older Jewish faith because SO MANY of our customs came from that and they are our descendants.  But when they rejected Christ, the temple was torn down, and they rewrote their Torah to take out a few references that made it blantantely obvious Jesus was The One, that's the point they went wrong.   Rabbinic Judiasm is today, what is a good phrase to label Judiasm pre-Christ?

Catholicism, really.  We are a continuation of the one faith.  Catholicism isn't a denomination, and the word itself is only necessary because of heresy.  Think about it, you probably often refer to it simply as "the faith" and that is because it is THE faith.  The only faith to be had that isn't in vain.  And it began with Adam, to Noah, Abraham, etc. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
All good points, hmmm, maybe Old Covenant Jews?  hmm.  I just watched that sticky by Vox after asking my question with Michael Voris, very interesting point at the end about how Old Jews to New Jews is the same as Catholics to Protestants... appears similar sometimes but very different at the core.

I usually say "The Church" and if someone tries to get snarky and ask "which church?"  I say "THEE Church" with a smile.  :)