Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira, Revolution & Counter-Revolution, and the TFPs?
I've read Prof. Plinio, as well as others of the TFP, Nobility and Analogous Traditional Elite.

I do not agree with the notion of nobility and this overemphasis, in my view, of classes.

I am the descendant of poor farmers from two Spanish colonies, so obviously I have biases. And many trads would strongly disagree with me on this, but I don't care.

The Middle Ages and times up to the very recent modern era (1900s) were great. I often wished that I could live then instead of now. But once, the only trad in my Novus Ordo high school, my favorite teacher and a mentor, told me: "You're thinking about a vocation, but in those days, you may not have been even able to pursue that because your poor."

In a sense, its true. So much would be decided based on class, family name, and money rather than some merit. Class, name, and money do matter a lot even today, but anyone can attend a university and work in a field they like. I wouldn't want to be a farmer in the Bajío, Mexico or living in some village in the Philippines.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira, Revolution & Counter-Revolution, and the TFPs? - by Crusader_Philly - 01-23-2012, 03:51 AM