54,559,615 dead and counting
Point noted Vox.
The world is such an evil place... millions of mothers killing their babies. It's difficult to comprehend.  sad
(01-24-2012, 09:35 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: How is it not a joyous thing to see a courageous man stepping up to ensure that he can never do this again?

Because it gave the pro-aborts a martyr.  It encouraged them to see themselves as noble victims of the crazy anti-choicers.  One evil man was stopped but the entire evil movement was strengthened.  Think big picture.
(01-23-2012, 09:13 PM)Vincentius Wrote: Seven supposedly "wise" men decided to follow King Herod in his quest to destroy God's creation and have succeeded -- 54,559,615 dead babies so far. Two of the nine supremes dissented. Where are these men now (Chief Justice Warren Burger, William O. Douglas, William J. Brennan, Jr. (Catholic), Potter Stewart, Byron White, Thurgood Marshall · Harry Blackmun, Lewis F. Powell, Jr., William Rehnquist)? They have all already been judged. 
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/23/54559...n-in-1973/

Byron White and William Rehnquist dissented (went against) the majority opinion.  Please don't libel them by listing them with the others indiscriminately.  I suggest you read their dissents, which are quite good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade
(01-24-2012, 08:40 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 07:52 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Greatest day in the world was when Tiller got popped. God bless Scott Roeder.

I get the anger.  Abortion is an abomination.  But this is too close to advocating violence.  Violence, even our approval of violence, plays right into the pro-aborts hands.  They want to marginalize us by portraying us as violent extremists who should not be taken seriously.

Yes, we shouldn't use such inflammatory language. We wouldn't want to offend the pro-abortion lobby or give them ammunition to label pro-lifers as "extremists", God forbid! I believe there have been 5 baby killers shot since Roe v. Wade, so that would make the body count what, 54 million to 5? So obviously it is the pro-lifers who are the extremists.

Instead, we should use the same moral language that liberals and pro-abortion politicians use when speaking about abortion; "Personally, I am opposed to shooting abortionists, and I would never shoot one myself, but who am I to impose my values on anyone else. If someone doesn't believe in shooting abortionists, then don't shoot one."
(01-24-2012, 12:14 PM)Thomas58 Wrote: Instead, we should use the same moral language that liberals and pro-abortion politicians use when speaking about abortion; "Personally, I am opposed to shooting abortionists, and I would never shoot one myself, but who am I to impose my values on anyone else. If someone doesn't believe in shooting abortionists, then don't shoot one."

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic, but I think this is a great thing to say.  This exposes the absolute foolishness of pro-abortion reasoning.  They do not have a logically coherent position.  They rely on lies and emotional manipulation.  When we are emotional we are playing on their home ground.  When we use logic we attack them at their point of greatest weakness. 

Of course, we can't help getting emotional in the face of something so horrendous as the slaughter of babies.  But we need to keep our heads.  That is important in any kind of fight. 
(01-24-2012, 09:35 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: How is it not a joyous thing to see a courageous man stepping up to ensure that he can never do this again?

Because even many pro-life Catholics are politically correct now a days.
Many cheered when Osama got whacked.
Many cheered when the somalian pirates where taken out in order to save a human life.

But when a doctor gets killed for killing thousands of babies. That is disgusting.

In matters of opinions, I think it's a double standard.
(01-24-2012, 11:38 AM)Dusty_Bottoms Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 09:13 PM)Vincentius Wrote: Seven supposedly "wise" men decided to follow King Herod in his quest to destroy God's creation and have succeeded -- 54,559,615 dead babies so far. Two of the nine supremes dissented. Where are these men now (Chief Justice Warren Burger, William O. Douglas, William J. Brennan, Jr. (Catholic), Potter Stewart, Byron White, Thurgood Marshall · Harry Blackmun, Lewis F. Powell, Jr., William Rehnquist)? They have all already been judged. 
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/23/54559...n-in-1973/

Byron White and William Rehnquist dissented (went against) the majority opinion.  Please don't libel them by listing them with the others indiscriminately.  I suggest you read their dissents, which are quite good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

I did mention two of the Nine dissented. 
Pro-Life “State of the Unborn” Released Before Obama Speech
by Steven Ertelt |1/24/12 5:42 PM

One of the top pro-life groups in Washington has released a “State of the Unborn” address as pro-abortion President Barack Obama prepares for his State of the Union address.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/24/pro-l...ma-speech/
An interview with Catholic convert Judge Robert Bork, who should be on the SCOTUS and would be the vote against Roe, utterly destroys the liberal activism of the Warren Court and others. Search YouTube for "Robert's rules of order." The part on Roe and "gay marriage" is epic.