Petition to the Holy Father against receiving communion in the hand
(01-24-2012, 10:53 PM)Whitey Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 10:48 PM)Josué Wrote: :realmad:

wattsa matta ?

(01-24-2012, 10:42 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Attempting to outlaw CITH would be one of the most foolish moves Benedict could make.  95+% of the world's bishops and priests would simply ignore him, thus exposing how truly powerless he is as ruler of the Church.

That's why it will never happen. 

I wish this wasn't true but I think it is. 
(01-24-2012, 11:06 PM)Josué Wrote:

wattsa matta ?

(01-24-2012, 10:42 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Attempting to outlaw CITH would be one of the most foolish moves Benedict could make.  95+% of the world's bishops and priests would simply ignore him, thus exposing how truly powerless he is as ruler of the Church.

I'm sure some would dare to ignore him, but I don't think as many would as we might think.
jmo

Great response, thanks. I hope you can spread it around the world, and then....who knows.

As an Australian, the comments attached to the article are just embarassing. I think only 3 out of 39 comments supported the proposal with the rest expressing outrage, derision & ridicule. It's hardly surprising though, as I witness Australia becoming a more Godless country every day and I see  predominantly atheist and anti-Christian media and politicians exerting their influence on a daily basis. May God help us.

As to the petition, it is not calling on the Holy Father to ban CITH, just to restore COTT as the normal practise. I guess he could only instruct the Bishops to this effect and then hope that over time attitudes change and COTT again becomes the norm rather than the exception.

But, at least it's another thing we can chip away at to try and restore tradition.

Signed and really sad that this needs to even have a freakin petition. "Dear Holy Father we would like permission for the Catholic church to act Catholic" Dang  :(

Agreed.

I don't know. The new English translation was implemented internationally from the top down despite lack of popular support. I think something as small as this could be, too.
(01-25-2012, 01:44 AM)Resurrexi Wrote:

I don't know. The new English translation was implemented internationally from the top down despite lack of popular support. I think something as small as this could be, too.

Exactly!
(01-24-2012, 11:28 PM)Whitey Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 11:06 PM)Josué Wrote:

wattsa matta ?

I'm sure some would dare to ignore him, but I don't think as many would as we might think.
jmo

The upper hierarchy in this country would. However, the sexual abuse of young boys cleared a lot of them out. Still, I'm afraid that the last 2 Popes, Paul & John Paul 
were afraid of a massive schism......one in which the larger group of Novus Ordo Catholics would outnumber those of us who are traditional.

HOWEVER, I don't think Pope Benedict is terribly afraid of this. He has been quoted as predicting a smaller, more faithful Church. That may be what it takes.
(01-25-2012, 01:31 AM)Dragonslayer Wrote: As to the petition, it is not calling on the Holy Father to ban CITH, just to restore COTT as the normal practise. I guess he could only instruct the Bishops to this effect and then hope that over time attitudes change and COTT again becomes the norm rather than the exception.

Communion on the tongue despite it been widely seen IS the norm.

What would be great would be Our Holy Father saying many many many times that Communion on the tongue is preferred and he write a letter to all the bishops about how important it is etc
(01-24-2012, 03:19 PM)OldMan Wrote: QUESTION:  When does a pope consult polls/petitions to determine Church discipline?

Even a bogus "pope" would laugh at this notion!

We live in weird times...  :(