Your Guardian Angel
Recently I have been trying to be more mindful of the presence of my Guardian Angel, my childrens' Angels and the Angels surrounding the Altar at Mass and all the Guardian Angels of those at Mass etc. Does anyone have any stories to tell about how your Guardian Angel has helped you? Does anyone have and devotions they would like to share? I'm keen on praying the Chaplet of St Michael, maybe making one (I have an extra St Michael medal in my collection).
I don't really have any stories myself, except lately, whenever I make some sin against charity (usually when driving) I get an image of my GA looking at me sternly. So it's helped a bit!  LOL
Smile most of the time, i usually pray to my Guardian Angel to wake me up early in the morning for school. And usually He does wake me up!  Smile
If you notice your angels theyre not doing their job.  Grin Just kidding

Once when I was a boy about 12-14 I cant remember now, a friend and I were getting into mischief around some railroad tracks that went through a mountain carved out of some crumbly shale rock. The cliff walls were very steep and about 20' or so high, but being the adventuresome type we decided to try and scale the cliffs to see what was at top. My friend went first, as I watched. He made it up I thought relatively easily, so I sarted to climb. As I got to about the middle to top ..... the cliff walls I was using for hand holds began to slowly disintigrate, as well as the rocks under my feet. Titanic So soon I was as flat faced against the wall as I could me. I became terrified as now I realised that I was going down. I shut my eys and begain a fast string of hail marys  Pray as was my habit when I was scared of something.  afraidsmiley That was it...I began the 15 foot slide to the bottom with my palms and face dragging along the cliff wall....
"aaaaaaaaaa helpsmiley" down down down

I landed standing up on my feet without a scratch...literally, not even on my hands...in a soft mound of shale chips
Nervous
Angel Thank you my poor abused guardian angel. There is no way I couldve survived my youth with out you!
I like this story from a trad mom about her daughter seeing angels at Mass.

http://catholicfamilyvignettes.com/2010/...mongst-us/

Excerpt:

Quote: And then, in such a low, low whisper, shyly, never once taking her eyes from the altar she said:

“Oh, mom…don’t you see it?!  The angel!  I see him…he’s standing right there!  He’s moving, mom!  He’s real…he’s really there!  Oh…he’s so beautiful!  I’ve never seen anything so beautiful!”
(01-24-2012, 02:41 AM)Spooky Wrote: Recently I have been trying to be more mindful of the presence of my Guardian Angel, my childrens' Angels and the Angels surrounding the Altar at Mass and all the Guardian Angels of those at Mass etc. Does anyone have any stories to tell about how your Guardian Angel has helped you? Does anyone have and devotions they would like to share? I'm keen on praying the Chaplet of St Michael, maybe making one (I have an extra St Michael medal in my collection).
I don't really have any stories myself, except lately, whenever I make some sin against charity (usually when driving) I get an image of my GA looking at me sternly. So it's helped a bit!  LOL

I wrote a blog post on the Fisheaters blog about them: http://blog.fisheaters.com/uncategorized/the-angels/

Here is the prayer I use daily:

Quote:O SANCTE angele Dei, minister caelestis imperii, cui Deus omnipotens mei custodiam deputavit: per maiestatem eius et pietatem te humiliter deprecor, ut custodias animam meam et corpus meum: et omnes sensus meos a pravis et illicitis desideriis: a noxiis, vanis, et immundis cogitationibus, et ab illusionibus malignorum spirituum: a pollutione mentis et corporis: et ab insidiis inimicorum meum visibilium et invisibilium quaerentium animam meam: et sis mihi protector tutus, ubicumque iero diebus ac noctibus, horis atque momentis, et conserva me in mundo opere: et confirma me in timore et amore Iesu Christi cum sanctis desideriis: et post hanc miseram et caducam vitam perduc animam meam ad aeternam felicitatem: ubi cum Deo et omnibus sanctis gaudeat sine fine: praestante Domino nostro Iesu Christo: cui est honor et gloria in saeculorum saecula. Amen

Quote:O HOLY angel of God, minister of heavenly power, whom almighty God appointed as my guardian, through His majesty and devotion I humbly beg thee to guard my body, soul, and all my senses from perverse and illicit desires, from hurtful, vain, and impure thoughts, from the illusions of evil spirits, from the pollution of mind and body, and from the snares of my visible and invisible enemies seeking my soul. Be my watchful protector wherever I may go, night and day, every hour and every moment, and preserve me in clean works. Strengthen me with holy desires in the fear and love of Jesus Christ. And after this wretched and perishable life, lead my soul to eternal happiness; where with God and all His saints it may rejoice without end; especially with our Lord Jesus Christ: to whom be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen

I dont have the time today to tell about all the times I have been helped but its been a lot. 2 serious car (truck) accidents, a ricocheting bullet I felt graze the side of my head, more than I can remember ast this time. And all the spiritual help, and many hints he gives me about upcoming things, some imminent, I'm sure there is so much more than I realizew, and I realize a lot. Yes I pray everyday for his help/intersession. I greeet my wifes angel every morning and ask him to protect her. When you go to mass, greet all the angels present. When driving a distance, ask for the assistance of all the angels from the other drivers on the road. I have read several books on this. More to say, but times short. I hope this thread continues for many pages/days. Later.
I haven't experienced anything 'out of the ordinary' but the fact I've never been mugged once is certainly down to my guardian angel as well as other events in my childhood.
(01-24-2012, 05:26 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote: Smile most of the time, i usually pray to my Guardian Angel to wake me up early in the morning for school. And usually He does wake me up!  Smile

I did this for awhile, but my guardian angel had no sense of time.  He'd always (yes, always) wake me up at five in the morning.  That was a bit too early!  LOL
Not long ago I was driving down a narrow country road with my daughter in her car seat in the back and an old man was coming at us head on. There was a big ditch on the side of the road and would have been a horrible accident if I went off the side into the ditch. As the man got closer I noticed it looked as if he just woke up and swerved back onto to his side with about 50 yards in between us. I truly believe there was divine help for us that day.
(01-24-2012, 04:28 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 05:26 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote: Smile most of the time, i usually pray to my Guardian Angel to wake me up early in the morning for school. And usually He does wake me up!  Smile

I did this for awhile, but my guardian angel had no sense of time.  He'd always (yes, always) wake me up at five in the morning.   That was a bit too early!   LOL

To give you time to pray of course!

One  time our dog got loose outside.  I was running behind calling her, and I kind of told my angel to get the dog.  Right after I said that the dog stopped, looked at me and waited for me to get her. Smile