Your Guardian Angel
I love it! Keep 'em coming!

Su, I saw that post in the blog and I'll re-read it again.
(01-24-2012, 06:16 PM)Spooky Wrote: I love it! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for reading.

It is good for us to be aware of the rational spiritual being who is before God but is also intimately connected with us in our mortal lives. Imagine how we would all act if we were at all times aware of their presence?
(01-24-2012, 06:20 PM)su Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 06:16 PM)Spooky Wrote: I love it! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for reading.

It is good for us to be aware of the rational spiritual being who is before God but is also intimately connected with us in our mortal lives. Imagine how we would all act if we were at all times aware of their presence?
There were saints who were aware was there not?
(01-24-2012, 06:23 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: There were saints who were aware was there not?

Yes, and some non-saints too (any living person who is aware is not a "saint"), but I meant it for everyone all the time. At the very least, people would not do certain things solely because someone is looking over their shoulder and they are aware of it.
Last year, I was on my way home from grad school late one night.  Over my lifetime, I've this same path home hundreds of times.  This particular night was very dark, cold, and a little rainy.  A thought entered my mind to slow my car down which I immediately did.  When I scanned the road, a deer ran in front of me and hesitated in the middle of the road.  I heard a radio report a few days before that deer were crossing the roads and for drivers to watch for them.  In all of the years I've l made that same journey home, I never saw a deer before.  I'm sure many people will say that it is coincidence that I slowed down as I did, however, to me, there is no doubt in my mind that my guardian angel was warning me of the danger. 
I pray to mine every morning when I wake up and right before bed. Sometimes before Confession I ask mine to enlighten me to any hidden sins that I might forget if not for his guidance and generally I always remember something else to confess. I also ask my guardian angel to purify my memory of all the bad images that are sometimes in it from things I've seen in my past life or simply when I haven't kept custody of the eyes. When I go up for Holy Communion I always ask both St. Michael and my guardian angel to accompany me to the altar rail and to pray that I may be made worthy to receive.  I also ask him to keep me from having evil dreams and to stand guard along with St. Michael my patron at every entrance to my home. Lastly (and I don't know if this is permittted) I ask my guardian angel to send out the guardian angels of all my friends and family so that they may watch over them the way mine watches over me. In general I find that I have more of a devotion to St. Michael and my guardian angel then to anyone else.

Way too many stories, many of which I think a lot of people would write off as "coincidences" or "luck"...

I have a sixth sense when it comes to driving: I see dumb people...and can avoid their suicidal driving.  That's probably my guardian angel (or theirs).

This spring I had a serious accident in the wood shop that could have changed my entire life and career choice, but I got off with a warning instead that basically just needed stitches, not surgery.  There's no doubt that it was a divine (but merciful) warning.  That's the abridged version.  If I told the whole thing I think you would all agree.
I have two stories, both occuring well before I was Catholic.

When returning from a high school 'lock in' and at a mere 0.25 miles from home, I dozed off at the wheel.  On the side of the road there was a stone wall and, on the same side, a telephone pole.  Driving a Jeep, I managed to pass in between to two perfectly with a clearance of inches.  Also, there was a huge trench perpendicular to the wall.  Though the axle did require repairs, incredibly a) no one was on the road b) I was not hurt c) the car navigated perfectly through this loop and back on the road.  (FYI this was NOT a DWI- it was a 'stay up all night' thing that was poorly thoughtout by all parties.)

Some time after this, I was body surfing and took a bad wave.  I don't like thinking about it at all because any of the slighted differences in angle or wave force and I would died on the spot or have been completely parylized.

These are two bold occurances, but probably not the most extreme.  I have little doubt that the most amazing intercessions by our Guardian Angels are ones we hardly notice.
This is a great story about help from a guardian angel.

A friend of mine was sending her husband out to get a treat for the kids. Everyone was waving him off and he looked before he left, but as he was reversing his little guy ran behind to grab a toy that had gone in the path of the van. Well, he did run over his son. And then he had to get back in and move the vehicle to be able to free his son in order to go to emergency. The child said NOTHING. The parents, one of whom was a physician, was certain that there would at least be internal injuries.

After being examined, and being found to be in one piece, and after a good couple of hours had elapsed with no speaking, the little boy spoke. He said, "Mom, good thing my guardian angel moved my head out of the way."

Great story and I truly believe it!