The Bishops and the Obama administration
(01-27-2012, 11:06 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: If they take this stand they may lose their Tax Exempt Status.  We couldn’t have that.  Maintaining a Tax Exempt Status is a requirement for salvation you know.

Anyways … I heard today from an “insider” that the USCCB is “gearing up for a united, concerted effort to get the word out and to organize a protest” to try and stop the HHS Mandate.

Not a united, concerted effort!!!  Shocked  Anything but that!!!

How many American bishops does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One to chair the committee to study the issue of lightbulbs and their place in the post-Conciliar paradigm.

A couple to make catty comments to National Catholic Reporter and Commonweal about how burned out light bulbs have just as much right to be screwed in as working light bulbs.

A few more to insist that flashlights can, in extraordinary situations, serve the same function as a lightbulb.

Several to appoint a task force to devise a plan for light bulb replacement and make certain it doesn't unduly burden migrant workers.

At least one to claim that what goes on between a light bulb and a socket is not the Church's business.

And finally.....one to just screw the stupid light bulb in and then go back to shepherding his flock.

By the time this "united, concerted" effort gets out of committee, Catholicism will be outlawed. 
Yup, and how many Catholics will follow them ? Isn't Humanae Vitae been pretty much rescinded here and most couples use the pill or tie tubes or whatever. God loves irony and this is that. Voris in his latest said 98 % of Catholics use it at one time in their lives, so besides Fisheaters who will follow them. This could be the issue which causes the split and many will swear their acceptance, all for  Obamessiah.

tim
(01-27-2012, 11:25 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: What spurred this sudden concern for the Faith, we don't know

Maybe this is the straw that broke the camel’s back.  Maybe not.  There seems to be something at work here I cannot fully grasp.  There appears to be a greater level of piety among the laity, at least in my observation in my little corner of the world.  For example, recently all at my NO parish: a lady starting wear a mantilla, several people starting kneeling for communion, several people started complaining about irreverent talking in the sanctuary and about inappropriate instruments during Mass, and I have noticed a HUGE increase in the amount of Rosaries hanging from rearview mirrors around town.  Seriously, I can’t drive home from work without seeing 2 or 3 Rosaries.  Conversely there seems to be greater opposition from the seculars.

(01-27-2012, 11:25 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: The problem is that the Church's leaders are not ready yet to behave like traditional Catholic leaders: They need to excommunicate every Catholic in Congress and the Executive Branch, personally, by individual name, with the full Rite of Excommunication St. Thomas Becket style.  Furthermore, the hierarchy has to make clear that they no longer fear the tax exemption loss or loss in federal revenues.
If they truly take up the mantle of the Faith with full gusto, the Church will win a lot of converts and make up some of the lost revenues in additional contributions. 

Totally agree.  The laity is craving bold, decisive action.

(01-27-2012, 11:25 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: But realistically speaking, I expect they will wrap this protest in Americanism (religious liberty, pluralism etc.) and it won't succeed.

I fear the same thing.  In fact, the USCCB is smacking of this already.  They have a few videos on their site that completely relay exactly this.

http://usccb.org/issues-and-action/relig.../index.cfm

What is needed is a bottom up cohesive movement among the laity.  If only there was such a thing trying to get off the ground:

www.NoShaveNovena.blogspot.com

As far as I can see we are slowly moving towards the day where it will be illegal to be Catholic and finding a priest will be next to impossible but should the bishops and the laity get very serious about living and preaching unadulterated unfiltered Catholicism it will simply come faster. This Obama HHS mandate is just the beginning of what will probably eventually spill out into an open witch hunt of Catholics in this country. It will start with these sort of mandates along with economic and legal hassles (zoning problems for building churches, violation of human rights for not allowing open homosexuals and women to the priesthood etc), then move to intimidation in the workplace for Catholics, probably even eventually leading to those of us who are serious about the Faith losing our jobs or not being able to find or keep work. There will also be church and home vandalisms and assaults and while the government will feign sympathy and interest in our plight they will be secretly supporting it. It won't just be us Catholics that get harassed like this either, it will be people of any religion that actually wishes to resist the relativist, pluralist paradigm.
Perhaps this crisis has been a blessing in some ways because it has made some of us really appreciate the Faith. Think about it, we can still go to Mass somewhere, pray our Rosaries in public, make the sign of the Cross at a restaurant or openly discuss the faith with co-workers and we aren't imprisoned, beaten or killed for it yet. The weakness of the Church allows us to be largely ignored by our enemies and left to work out our salvation in our own little obscure corners and chapels of this nation. God is giving us this time to really fortify ourselves and get ready for a serious and vicious persecution. Why we were chosen is beyond me to know, but somehow we were given the Faith and given access to so much even in such a dark time. As more Catholics wake up and start taking the Faith seriously---especially the Pope and the bishops--we will be thrust into a very dangerous, violent and uncertain situation. All hell will break loose against us because our enemies will know that a strong, unified Catholic Church will destroy their secular humanist atheist agenda. We have time now, how much is anyones guess but we best make use of it. If you have access to daily Mass, don't waste that opportunity. If you haven't been saying your rosary or staying in a state of grace it's time to start. There is a storm on the horizon and we better be ready...
What Adam and Former have posted above gives me great hope. The blood of martyrs is the answer. Imagine an awakening as Adam as said in time for the persecution that Former has speculated. It might be that after that America USA becomes the first nation to return to Christendom.

tim
What is hard to accept is that our bishops as a whole were blind to the agenda and even gave loopholes to put the demonic minnions in power.  For decades many shepherds and laity alike have rejected the teachings on contraception.  Guess it is  one thing when you dissent by your own choice and another when you are forced to.

http://www.realcatholictv.com/free/index...2012-01-27

An army with no soldiers.
I need to correct a typo: The Bishops should excommunicate all Catholics in Congress who support laws that legalize or fund abortion.  My editing sense was off due to my cold.  Mea culpa!
(01-28-2012, 05:40 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: I need to correct a typo: The Bishops should excommunicate all Catholics in Congress who support laws that legalize or fund abortion.  My editing sense was off due to my cold.  Mea culpa!

Was there ever an "official" change in this practice?  I mean, there was a practical change- no one does it anymore.  But did some churchman ever draft up something to the effect of "no more excommunications" or anything like that?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-28-2012, 07:07 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 05:40 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: I need to correct a typo: The Bishops should excommunicate all Catholics in Congress who support laws that legalize or fund abortion.  My editing sense was off due to my cold.  Mea culpa!

Was there ever an "official" change in this practice?  I mean, there was a practical change- no one does it anymore.  But did some churchman ever draft up something to the effect of "no more excommunications" or anything like that?

No Bishop has since the 'New Springtime' and 'fresh air campaign' got under way.  Instead of 'dialogue' and 'pastoral education' they should be on the front lines firing the howitzer's of Faith. 

Excommunicate these wicked traitors: The American Primate needs to pronounce this upon Joe Biden, Pelosi, Sebelius et. al. with the full Rite, and broadcast this on EWTN live.  Then, Cardinal Dolan should announce perpetual excorcisms of abortuaries, establish a legion of St. Michael to pray for the defeat of all demons in American territories.

This would absolutely shock the world and make perfectly clear what is Truth.  We would instantly convert entire Protestant groups.  It might even wing back these lost souls named above, which are, objectively speaking, in a pit of demonic effluent at the moment.
(01-29-2012, 12:01 AM)kingtheoden Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 07:07 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

No Bishop has since the 'New Springtime' and 'fresh air campaign' got under way.  Instead of 'dialogue' and 'pastoral education' they should be on the front lines firing the howitzer's of Faith. 

Excommunicate these wicked traitors: The American Primate needs to pronounce this upon Joe Biden, Pelosi, Sebelius et. al. with the full Rite, and broadcast this on EWTN live.  Then, Cardinal Dolan should announce perpetual excorcisms of abortuaries, establish a legion of St. Michael to pray for the defeat of all demons in American territories.

This would absolutely shock the world and make perfectly clear what is Truth.  We would instantly convert entire Protestant groups.  It might even wing back these lost souls named above, which are, objectively speaking, in a pit of demonic effluent at the moment.

This is the best darn idea I have heard yet.