The IHM Sisters of California
I have read some things here and there on the web about the IHM sisters in Los Angeles, but I'm looking for some Catholic perspectives.  Most of stuff on the web is not helpful.  Anything that could help me learn more would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Ask and you shall receive.

Here is quite a bit of the sordid story:

Carl Rogers and the IHM Nuns:
Sensitivity Training, Psychological Warfare and the "Catholic Problem"

I would put the text in here, but it is a very long article with lots of live links.
(01-27-2012, 09:53 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Ask and you shall receive.

I would put the text in here, but it is a very long article with lots of live links.
I just read that article.
My basic feelings are this...........
[Image: vomiting_pumpkin.jpg]

Sursum Corda/Latin Mass magazine had something similar years ago.

Adam, thanks for the link.  That is one of the articles I have found on the web previously.  Hopefully I can find some other things as well.

Everything out there either whitewashes Vatican II and the Sixties or else just looks at it from a 'before and after' perspective.  What I find so fascinating and chilling about the accounts of the IHMs is that it was so public and publicized by the media back then (slanted of course), but is now largely forgotten despite serving as a visible microcosm of everything that could and did go horribly wrong.
You're welcome, Jacob. Sorry it was something you had already read.

Sad story indeed. There was, and is, a need for Consecrated Virgins to be offering perpetual prayers.

They follow the Lamb, whitersoever He goeth.
(01-27-2012, 10:37 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:

I just read that article.
My basic feelings are this...........
[Image: vomiting_pumpkin.jpg]

I couldn't even finish it  :(
I've read through the entire article at Culture Wars once and then have looked back at it at different times since I first found it for reference on certain points when I've found other details.  I've always wanted to get the book it is excerpted from, but haven't ever had the chance.
Seems like Satan was whispering directly into the ear of Carl Rogers.  What a sad, sordid story.
(01-28-2012, 12:30 PM)Pheo Wrote: Seems like Satan was whispering directly into the ear of Carl Rogers.  What a sad, sordid story.

Indeed, but his co-partner in the project has been doing penance and speaking publically  against Rogers.  Rogerian theory took off after infecting Catholic Religious Orders
it can be found in many secular institutes and programs. Some of you may have run into it without knowing the name. 
Again, Sursum Corda magazine had the best articles on this tragedy.

Illustrate Rogerian theory in action, case in point, take 24 hour hotline for x,y,z 
                          Caller, "i just had a fight with my mother because i want to be a homosexual."
                            Worker "Tell me how do you FEEL about that."
                              Caller "I feel terrible..."
                                  Worker " Ok, so i am hearing you say that you feel terrible, tell me why do you have that feeling, because being gay is ok."  and so on...getting the picture?

Covenant House hotline uses the Rogerian theory.  Total bogus.