Pontifical High Mass in St. Louis
We in St. Louis were blessed this morning to have a Pontifical High Mass from the Throne, celebrated by none other than Cardinal Burke!

It was celebrated in the Cardinal Rigali Center -- the former seminary -- which has a very beautiful chapel.  The light attendence is because it was a non-advertised Mass for a Society for Catholic Liturgy conference.  (Note: there are no seats for laymen, so that is why they are sitting in the choir stalls.)  I was a server at the Mass, but I won't point myself out in the pictures.  Sticking tongue out at you

[Image: Photo0232e.jpg]

This is a picture I took of the altar, before Mass began.  The pictures from the Mass, however, you can find on this blog. ( http://mothercrab.blogspot.com/2012/01/p...-mass.html )  They're not the best quality due to the distance, but I'll update this with clearer images as they become available.

Have a blessed feast of St. Peter Nolasco!

In Christo Rege,
    -Steven
I'm so jealous V.V

What's up with the blue cassocks? 
(01-29-2012, 12:32 AM)Josué Wrote: What's up with the blue cassocks?
All of the servers for the Mass were from St. Francis de Sales Oratory, the local Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest parish -- myself included. Smile  The ICRSS parishes recently adopted these blue cassocks for all of their servers.  Here is a better picture of the blue cassocks, from Lourdes. (Also with then-Archbishop Burke, of course!)

Also note, Cardinal Burke will be visiting St. Francis de Sales Oratory on 31 January (Tuesday) at 5 P.M. for Solemn Benediction . . . just in case anyone is interested in coming!

I ask him that all the time.  He thinks he's too good for black  LOL.
(01-29-2012, 11:16 AM)City Smurf Wrote:

Actually, if you look closely, you'll see that I'm wearing a black cassock! LOL
(01-29-2012, 11:16 AM)City Smurf Wrote:

I'm too good for black too.  At my parish we use brown cassocks since it's run by the carmelites.

I like the picture you posted of all the priests and altarboys.  I think those are important when you're young.  to keep memories, you know?