"Eucharist" as an un-articled proper noun
They know exactly how destructive it is because they want to break down the Church and remake it into what they think it should be. "Sing a New Church" and all that. How anyone cannot see this is either very naive or putting blinders on.

(01-29-2012, 10:12 PM)JayneK Wrote: Well that explains why I haven't come across it.  I avoid liberal parishes.
Yeah, I do too, of course.  When traveling there is often little choice.  It is sad how prevalent this "liberal" attitude is, even in rural, otherwise conservative areas.
(01-29-2012, 10:20 PM)Spooky Wrote: They know exactly how destructive it is because they want to break down the Church and remake it into what they think it should be. "Sing a New Church" and all that. How anyone cannot see this is either very naive or putting blinders on.

It is clear that they are doing something wrong.  Why is it necessary to attribute bad motives to them?  How would they know any better when good catechesis is so rare?
They have proven their intentions again and again in their own words. When I get a minute, I'll give some examples. In the meantime, perhaps others can chime in.
(01-29-2012, 10:22 PM)Landelinus Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 10:12 PM)JayneK Wrote: Well that explains why I haven't come across it.  I avoid liberal parishes.
Yeah, I do too, of course.  When traveling there is often little choice.  It is sad how prevalent this "liberal" attitude is, even in rural, otherwise conservative areas.

I am glad that I don't often have to travel.  It would be really upsetting ending up at a liberal parish.
Where have all the Catholics Gone?: Heaven on My Mind

In the days before the Changes, nobody used words like liturgy or eucharist or reconciliation. It was Mass and Holy Communion and Confession. Simple, straightforward words. Everyone knew what they meant. We didn’t talk about rubrics, and most laypeople didn’t know about ambos and aspersoria and thuribles.

Read the rest at:

http://www.remnantnewspaper.com/Archives...s-gone.htm
"Politics and the English Language"

By George Orwell

Most people who bother with the matter at all would admit that the English language is in a bad way, but it is generally assumed that we cannot by conscious action do anything about it. Our civilization is decadent and our language -- so the argument runs -- must inevitably share in the general collapse. It follows that any struggle against the abuse of language is a sentimental archaism, like preferring candles to electric light or hansom cabs to aeroplanes. Underneath this lies the half-conscious belief that language is a natural growth and not an instrument which we shape for our own purposes.

Read the rest at:

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/orwell46.htm
Here's a site with a list of dissenters.

http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/dissent/disspeop.htm
(01-29-2012, 10:26 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 10:20 PM)Spooky Wrote: They know exactly how destructive it is because they want to break down the Church and remake it into what they think it should be. "Sing a New Church" and all that. How anyone cannot see this is either very naive or putting blinders on.

It is clear that they are doing something wrong.  Why is it necessary to attribute bad motives to them?  How would they know any better when good catechesis is so rare?

This may be true when you speak of the sheep. The shepherd is another matter.
Such consternation over a missing article? Did I accidentally log into an Orthodox forum?