"Eucharist" as an un-articled proper noun
(01-29-2012, 09:43 PM)Landelinus Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 08:21 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 06:14 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Leaving out the article "the" is not a plot to destroy the Church, it's just affectation.

But the conscious and repetitive omission of the word "mass" from parishes worldwide is a product of the revolution to destroy the Church. That revolution is quite real, whether you want to admit it or not.

I have been to many parishes where the NO is said and I cannot think of one that omits the word "Mass".  What makes you think this is a world wide problem?
Jayne, I've been to NO mass in at least a dozen US states and also in Germany.  While I would not say using "Eucharist" for "the Mass" is universal, I have found - in my personal experience - that it is very widespread often occurs in parishes that are trying to cultivate a "community" atmosphere and where the sacrificial character of the Mass is nearly completely obscured (which is probably a majority of them).  I agree with you that this may often be done out of what are "good" motives by those who unthinkingly promote this usage, but I definitely agree with Vetus that this is a product of the destructive processes that have been at work in the Church.

Well that explains why I haven't come across it.  I avoid liberal parishes.

If this terminology is associated with further obscuring the sacrificial nature of the Mass (which is already a problem in the NO), then it certainly is a very bad thing.  I suspect that the vast majority of people who talk like this either think they are doing something good or don't think about it at all.  They have no clue how destructive it is.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Eucharist" as an un-articled proper noun - by JayneK - 01-29-2012, 10:12 PM