please read
It seems that this all has to do with land lines.  I have also had experiences with phone ringing at interesting times, like during specific prayers and such.  My brother too, had an experience that our late grandmother (from our dad's side) had called him at night. To this day, he swears it wasn't a dream.  Does anyone have a theory on why this mode of 'communication' may be preferred? or anything electronic? do you think it has to do with electricity and waves? hmmmm...
(01-30-2012, 05:25 PM)Tradchick Wrote: It seems that this all has to do with land lines.  I have also had experiences with phone ringing at interesting times, like during specific prayers and such.  My brother too, had an experience that our late grandmother (from our dad's side) had called him at night. To this day, he swears it wasn't a dream.  Does anyone have a theory on why this mode of 'communication' may be preferred? or anything electronic? do you think it has to do with electricity and waves? hmmmm...

maybe electricity is easier to manipulate? there is also the theory that high EMF (electro-magnetic fields) make your brain more susceptible. to these sort of things (others say the EMF's cause it and nothing paranormal is happening at all)
But that doesn't explain the hundred's of stories well before electricity was widely used either.  Hmmm...
Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the old woman keeps getting phone calls.  First she hears nothing but static. Then she finally hears a mans voice.  Turns out, the phone lines had fallen on the grave of her dead boyfriend and it was HIM that was trying to call her.  Shocked

Ghosts are luddites.  They need to invest in cell phones. 
(01-30-2012, 06:10 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the old woman keeps getting phone calls.  First she hears nothing but static. Then she finally hears a mans voice.  Turns out, the phone lines had fallen on the grave of her dead boyfriend and it was HIM that was trying to call her.   Shocked

don't cell phone towers emit massive amounts of EMF's? They're building ... something... next door that has put up a huge tower. I have no idea what they're building, there's no "future home of blankety blank" and I never pay attention to local news. I told the boys that if we have an increase of weird stuff, then it's probably that tower and to just ignore it. Not that we have anything "weird" going on now. If you rule out James and Babykins that is. They're just weird all by themselves.
(01-30-2012, 04:27 PM)Walty Wrote: When my grandmother's mother died, they moved her personal things out of the place where she had been living.  Her telephone began to ring while they were driving her things in the car.  My grandmother answered but there was no one there, however, my grandmother had been convinced that it was her mother.

So what?

Oooooooooooooooh, this was before cell phones....

LOL
(01-30-2012, 07:06 PM)Spooky Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 06:10 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the old woman keeps getting phone calls.  First she hears nothing but static. Then she finally hears a mans voice.  Turns out, the phone lines had fallen on the grave of her dead boyfriend and it was HIM that was trying to call her.   Shocked

don't cell phone towers emit massive amounts of EMF's? They're building ... something... next door that has put up a huge tower. I have no idea what they're building, there's no "future home of blankety blank" and I never pay attention to local news. I told the boys that if we have an increase of weird stuff, then it's probably that tower and to just ignore it. Not that we have anything "weird" going on now. If you rule out James and Babykins that is. They're just weird all by themselves.

No doubt they're building a FEMA camp or a mosque.  If it's a mosque, you'll have a bunch of Satan-worshipping Mohammedans next door.  If it's a FEMA camp, you'll have a bunch of incarcerated, pissed off Fisheaters next door.  Either way, you're screwed. Yep, that's about it. 
One possibility is that someone was using a cell phone while on the property to call 911.  Dispatchers have a program called "CAD Mapping" that specifically finds the location of all calls.  Not sure why they wouldn't have a name as well though.

The Poor Souls have found ways to get their points across for centuries.  Anything that helps you remember them in your prayers and sacrifices has to come with God's permission, so that's not a bad interpretation either.  We were told that any time you start thinking about a deceased family member or friend (or anyone else), you can rest assured that's them asking for prayers.  Certainly can't hurt!
(02-05-2012, 04:42 AM)dymphna17 Wrote: One possibility is that someone was using a cell phone while on the property to call 911.  Dispatchers have a program called "CAD Mapping" that specifically finds the location of all calls.  Not sure why they wouldn't have a name as well though.The Poor Souls have found ways to get their points across for centuries.  Anything that helps you remember them in your prayers and sacrifices has to come with God's permission, so that's not a bad interpretation either.  We were told that any time you start thinking about a deceased family member or friend (or anyone else), you can rest assured that's them asking for prayers.  Certainly can't hurt!

Can't of been.  I was serving, and noticed no commotion.  I don't think anybody said anything for the call anyway, because the deputy wasn't looking for anything in particular, say a sick person or something.  They just got a call.