Invalid vs. Illicit
(01-31-2012, 04:24 PM)Thomas58 Wrote: What do you expect? It's the Novus Ordo.

Can't the kyrie, Gloria, and creed be left out under some circumstances in the NO?
(01-31-2012, 04:27 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 04:24 PM)Thomas58 Wrote: What do you expect? It's the Novus Ordo.

Can't the kyrie, Gloria, and creed be left out under some circumstances in the NO?

Kyrie, never.  There are different forms of the "penitential rite" but they all have the reduced 3-fold kyrie.

Gloria is left out for advent/lent.  The Creed is always said on Sundays, AFAIK.  (Just like the TLM).
I agree with the above suggestions btw, specifically.

1. Talk to the pastor.  I doubt you'll convince him, but tell him you are concerned because he is changing the Mass and this is not allowed.

2. Write to the pastor, keep a copy, and keep a copy of his reply.  Send both to the bishop (and document if he doesn't reply).

3. Send a copy of all of that, including the bishop's reply, to the Congregation for Divine Worship.

Two outcomes:

Likely: nothing will be done, find a better place to go. 

Unlikely: something will be done.  It will still take forever, find a better place to go.

No TLM near you?  No DL?
(02-01-2012, 02:10 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: Kyrie, never.  There are different forms of the "penitential rite" but they all have the reduced 3-fold kyrie.

Aren't the penitential rite and Kyrie different? I thought there was one form of the penitential rite though that allowed you to skip the kyrie? 
(02-01-2012, 02:30 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(02-01-2012, 02:10 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: Kyrie, never.  There are different forms of the "penitential rite" but they all have the reduced 3-fold kyrie.

Aren't the penitential rite and Kyrie different? I thought there was one form of the penitential rite though that allowed you to skip the kyrie? 

The pentitential rites start differently.  Then after the penitential rite the rubric essentially directs the priest to do the kyrie if it wasn't done as part of the penitential rite.  So it can't be skipped (unless replacing the whole thing with the "rite of sprinking")