Pope Blooper
(01-30-2012, 09:42 PM)Josué Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 09:23 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: LOL This reminds me of the time a pigeon flew into church and perched himself atop the baldachinno. The priest was giving his homily and said he didn't think it was the Holy Spirit... so would someone please open the door. But the bird would not leave.

my parish gets bats instead of birds

Same here.  One priest we had growing up told my brother to chase one down during mass with a broom.  This also happened at a wedding I served for.
Catholic Answers Forum is occasionally good for a laugh.

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=71335

My mother who is a daily communicant had a rather unusual experience at Mass this morning when the priest came out with a bat attached to his vestment. (This happened in an eastern rite church where the celebrant faces away from the parishioners towards the altar.) Apparently, she was too scared to approach father to warn him about it and at one point in the Mass when it started flying around just before the consecration she screamed and almost fainted. Father gesticulated furiously and shewed it away. The few other parishioners in attendance were likewise scared or indifferent to the presence of this unwelcome guest. The one gentleman in the pews was very nonchalant; when advised about the bat he replied, "Oh, is that so?" What would you have done in such a situation? Don't you think someone should have yelled out, "Hey, father, there is a bat hanging on your back!" This is the second bat in two weeks. Last week a bat fell dead at the entrance to the church as someone opened the door. Isn't it unusual to see bats out and about in the daytime? Should father be advised to see a doctor as he has been in direct contact with a live bat? Could this bat be rabid? After falling down with laughter listening to my poor mother I wonder if this could be more serious.

Yep, that's about it.  Seven years later it's still hilarious.  Point and Laff
(01-30-2012, 09:23 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: LOL This reminds me of the time a pigeon flew into church and perched himself atop the baldachinno. The priest was giving his homily and said he didn't think it was the Holy Spirit... so would someone please open the door. But the bird would not leave.

So did my old parish. We literally had bats in the belfry and they would go into the main Church over night and the Priest would have to take a huge stick and shoo them out before Mass. LOL
(01-30-2012, 09:04 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 09:00 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 08:56 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: This isn't as bad as the time JPII the coolest released doves from the same window and one came back and attacked him. LOL

I never heard that!

My two year old twins are watching this video and think its the funniest thing ever!

Yeah I'll see if I can dig the youtube vid up. This is pretty fun too though. Grin

Preview:

[Image: jp2dove.jpg]

JP2 and the birds... WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN MEMED??
(01-30-2012, 10:35 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:

So did my old parish. We literally had bats in the belfry and they would go into the main Church over night and the Priest would have to take a huge stick and shoo them out before Mass. LOL

One Summer we had two during Holy Hour and I had to run around in my cassock and surplice asking people to pray to St. Anthony to get them out.  They finnaly did!  They went through the side door " I saw water flowing from the right side of the temple" Big Grin
I would pray to St. Benedict.  He had lots of trouble with evil birds in his life.
Another great touchy feely Vatican II moment gone awry.  These guys can't predict what nearly brainless birds will do for a photo op, and they think they are capable of reshaping the Church into their "vision"? 
(01-30-2012, 11:40 PM)Gerard Wrote: Another great touchy feely Vatican II moment gone awry.  These guys can't predict what nearly brainless birds will do for a photo op, and they think they are capable of reshaping the Church into their "vision"? 

is there any history about this sort of thing?  I really don't like it because those birds are liable to shite at any minute on our Holy Father and the press would have a field day
(01-30-2012, 11:44 PM)Josué Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 11:40 PM)Gerard Wrote: Another great touchy feely Vatican II moment gone awry.  These guys can't predict what nearly brainless birds will do for a photo op, and they think they are capable of reshaping the Church into their "vision"? 

is there any history about this sort of thing?  I really don't like it because those birds are liable to shite at any minute on our Holy Father and the press would have a field day

This reminds me of another thread about the Church being scandalized by poop.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...147.0.html
(01-31-2012, 12:10 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 11:44 PM)Josué Wrote:

This reminds me of another thread about the Church being scandalized by poop.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...147.0.html

we WOULD have twenty-two pages dedicated to the subject