Mary
(02-02-2012, 11:53 AM)SaintAndrew Wrote: One way I LOVE to splatter Prot heresy about Mary, is to tell them they think Jesus is a nobody. Just some guy.
Yep.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second, couldn't you say the same thing about a lot of aspects of Jesus' life? From a purely earthly perspective, he was just some guy, a random carpenter, who one day started going around telling everyone that he was the Son of God.
(02-02-2012, 05:54 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(02-02-2012, 11:53 AM)SaintAndrew Wrote: One way I LOVE to splatter Prot heresy about Mary, is to tell them they think Jesus is a nobody. Just some guy.
Yep.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second, couldn't you say the same thing about a lot of aspects of Jesus' life? From a purely earthly perspective, he was just some guy, a random carpenter, who one day started going around telling everyone that he was the Son of God.
This devil's advocate play hasn't a point. Jesus Christ is God. My deal with the Prots is to make them see that the One they worship had a mother.
And He was God.

(02-02-2012, 05:44 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: First tell the protty to stop just calling her just Mary and insist on at least Blessed Mary. Otherwise hes not a Bible believer after all

Ask the protty if he was going to make himself a plate of pancakes and he had 2 batches of flour to use....a buggy batch with some sand mixed in....or a batch of pure, clean sifted flour...which one would HE choose to make his pancakes with? Then say well I guess you think your more powerfull than God. If you being a sinner have enough wisdom to only use that which is pure for your pancakes...dont you think almighty all powerful omnipotent God would choose only the Purest of women to create His Son from?

I like the pancake analogy.  Good stuff.