The Curia allows Bishop Fellay FSSPX to bring an Orthodox priest into communion.
What the heck?
From Rorate Caeli.
"The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has accepted as valid the repudiation of schism of a former Orthodox priest accomplished by the Superior-General of the Society of Saint Pius X (FSSPX /SSPX), Bp. Bernard Fellay. Cardinal Levada also reportedly informed that the priest would have been named a domestic prelate in recognition of his former rank in the Orthodox Church. (News provided by the Polish district of the SSPX, translated by Laodicea)".
Is he becoming Roman rite, or are they establishing another SSPX variant of an Orthodox church?
(01-31-2012, 02:36 PM)Melkite Wrote: Is he becoming Roman rite, or are they establishing another SSPX variant of an Orthodox church?

I don't know but he could be joining St. Josaphat's fraternity which is kind of the SSPX branch in the Eastern rites.
What is very different here is that a bishop supposedly not in "full communion" has been allowed, by the Holy See, to bring a priest into communion with the Catholic Church.
(01-31-2012, 02:36 PM)Melkite Wrote: Is he becoming Roman rite, or are they establishing another SSPX variant of an Orthodox church?
Apparently he is becoming a Catholic.
Communion is a complicated matter these days, it seems.
(01-31-2012, 02:46 PM)Old Salt Wrote: What is very different here is that a bishop supposedly not in "full communion" has been allowed, by the Holy See, to bring a priest into communion with the Catholic Church.

As to His Lordship not being in "full communion," he has been addressed at various times in writing by other bishops as "Venerable Brother.". This is hardly a term of address to a bishop not in full communion with the Catholic Church.
(01-31-2012, 02:48 PM)Old Salt Wrote:
Apparently he is becoming a Catholic.

Well, yes, but is he becoming Latin, or is the SSPX starting an Eastern Rite operation?

I thought the Society of St. Johosaphat had broken off with the SSPX.
(01-31-2012, 06:42 PM)Parmandur Wrote: I thought the Society of St. Johosaphat had broken off with the SSPX.

Really? I didn't know that. In which 'direction', do you happen to know?
Because the FSSPX is in the Church the Holy See has allowed a Orthodox priest to come into full communion through the FSPPX?

Huh?

That's how I'm reading it.