The Curia allows Bishop Fellay FSSPX to bring an Orthodox priest into communion.
(01-31-2012, 02:38 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 02:36 PM)Melkite Wrote: Is he becoming Roman rite, or are they establishing another SSPX variant of an Orthodox church?

I don't know but he could be joining St. Josaphat's fraternity which is kind of the SSPX branch in the Eastern rites.

That's just for the Ukrainians, though, isn't it?  In any case, though, it's kind of different, because SSJK is a break off of the Ukrainian Catholic Church, which the Orthodox claim as being a break off of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.  I'm wondering if they are establishing a direct break off of an Orthodox Church that is SSPX-affiliated.
(01-31-2012, 02:48 PM)Old Salt Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 02:36 PM)Melkite Wrote: Is he becoming Roman rite, or are they establishing another SSPX variant of an Orthodox church?
Apparently he is becoming a Catholic.

Yes, but by which rite?
One would think the Eastern Rite.
(01-31-2012, 08:01 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: One would think the Eastern Rite.

I don't give the SSPX the benefit of doubt on that one.
(01-31-2012, 05:17 PM)Richard C Wrote: Communion is a complicated matter these days, it seems.

Yeah, when I was a kid we received It kneeling at the rail and on the tongue!
Is this priest going to be in communion with Eternal Rome or Modernist Rome?  Hmmmm....questions, questions, nothing but questions.
http://news.fsspx.pl/?p=304

I believe it says he is becoming a benedictine? Or is he just staying at the monastery?