Catholic 3DD, Great Monarch, Fatima prophecy
These are all from various sources, so one could perhaps try to look at whether each source was reliable or not, but then when one looks at the whole -- there is that, and so..

It's not something of light weight.

Moreover, one of the basic tendencies of prophecies is that of 'types' untill you look at the history of the world and how various times fulfill these 'types' you are not seeing things clearly.

I think either Fr. Ripperger, or one of the Audio Sancto priests has some good audio sermons online about types.
(01-31-2012, 05:48 PM)shin Wrote: "The death of the impenitent persecutors of the Church will take place during the three days of darkness. He who survives those three days of darkness and horror will see himself as if alone, because the earth will be covered with cadavers".

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

'God will send two punishments: one will be in the form of wars, revolutions and other evils; it shall originate on earth. The other will be sent from Heaven. There shall come over the whole earth an intense darkness lasting three days and three nights. Nothing will be visible, and the air will be laden with pestilence which will claim mainly, but not only, the enemies of religion..'

Bl. Anna-Maria Taigi

'There will come three days of complete darkness. Only blessed candles made of wax will give some light during this horrible darkness. One candle will last for three days, but they will not give light in the house of the Godless. Lightning will penetrate your houses, but it will not put out the blessed candles. Neither wind, nor storm, nor earthquake will put out the blessed candles.'

Marie de La Fraudais (19th-20th Century) [stigmatic]

'. . . the Great Monarch...He shall be a great captain and prince of holy men, who shall be called 'the holy Cross-bearers of Jesus Christ,' with whom he will destroy the Mahometan sect and the rest of the infidels. He shall annihilate all the heresies and tyrannies of the world. He shall reform the Church of God by means of his followers, who shall be the best men upon the earth in holiness, in arms, in science, and in every virtue... They shall obtain dominion over the whole world, both temporal and spiritual...'

St. Francis of Paola

'there will be a great Pope...This Pope shall have with him, the Great Monarch...This Great Monarch will assist the Pope in the reformation of the whole earth...All nations shall recognize the Holy See of Rome, and shall pay homage to the Pope. But after some considerable time fervor shall cool...which shall bring upon mankind the last and worse persecution of Anti-Christ...There shall be great carnage.'

St. Caesarius of Arles (6th century)

'The Great King will wage war till he is fourty years of age. . . He will assemble great armies, and hurl back the tyrants out of his empire.'

St. Cataldus (7th century)

'Certain Doctors truly say, that one of the kings of the Frankish [Roman] Empire shall possess it in its entirety ["ex integro"], which King shall live in the last time and shall be the greatest and last of kings. Who after he shall have happily governed his Kingdom, shall come to Jerusalem and lay down his sceptre and crown on Mount Olivet. He shall be the last and consummate [Emperor] of the Roman and Christian Empire.

And immediately thereupon [after he lays down his sceptre and crown], according to the sentence of Paul, they [the Doctors] say Antichrist shall come.'

St. Anselm (11th century)

Exactly my point.  Anything from Scripture?  The Liturgies?  The Apostolic deposit of Faith?  Or is it just quotes from various saints?
(01-31-2012, 05:51 PM)shin Wrote: These are all from various sources, so one could perhaps try to look at whether each source was reliable or not, but then when one looks at the whole -- there is that, and so..

When one looks at the whole, you miss things like this...

'there will be a great Pope...This Pope shall have with him, the Great Monarch...This Great Monarch will assist the Pope in the reformation of the whole earth...All nations shall recognize the Holy See of Rome, and shall pay homage to the Pope. But after some considerable time fervor shall cool...which shall bring upon mankind the last and worse persecution of Anti-Christ...There shall be great carnage.'

And immediately thereupon [after he lays down his sceptre and crown], according to the sentence of Paul, they [the Doctors] say Antichrist shall come.'

So, there will be some considerable time of peace, some of the 'prophets' say hundreds of years, before the antichrist comes, and yet others, as soon as the monarch lays down his scepter.  So the Great Monarch will still be alive when the Antichrist comes?  It's certainly possible, but are we really suggesting the monarch may be 200 and some odd years old when Antichrist comes?

So what we're left with is the rock solid scriptures of the books of Apocalypse and others with various interpretations AND numerous seers and saints descriptions of apocalyptic times that lie ahead.  With these seers having visions that don't  necessarily match what Scriptures state, I guess we're left with a bunch of overzealous , hallucinating visionaries? This might include Sr. Lucy and if I'm not mistaken, was accused of making up some Fatima visions.  I mean, are ALL of these people are off their rocker?  Maybe it's all a test from God to see how much faith we really have.
(01-31-2012, 09:29 PM)thomas7 Wrote: So what we're left with is the rock solid scriptures of the books of Apocalypse and others with various interpretations AND numerous seers and saints descriptions of apocalyptic times that lie ahead.  With these seers having visions that don't  necessarily match what Scriptures state, I guess we're left with a bunch of overzealous , hallucinating visionaries? This might include Sr. Lucy and if I'm not mistaken, was accused of making up some Fatima visions.   I mean, are ALL of these people are off their rocker?  Maybe it's all a test from God to see how much faith we really have.

Faith in private revelations has never been required, and has always been supplemental, not primary to salvation.  This is irrefutable. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-31-2012, 05:39 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: How many of the martyrs lived?

I'm pretty sure the survival rate for martyrs is dismal.   :tiphat:
(01-31-2012, 09:29 PM)thomas7 Wrote: So what we're left with is the rock solid scriptures of the books of Apocalypse and others with various interpretations AND numerous seers and saints descriptions of apocalyptic times that lie ahead.  With these seers having visions that don't  necessarily match what Scriptures state, I guess we're left with a bunch of overzealous , hallucinating visionaries? This might include Sr. Lucy and if I'm not mistaken, was accused of making up some Fatima visions.   I mean, are ALL of these people are off their rocker?  Maybe it's all a test from God to see how much faith we really have.

There is nothing which has been published from St. Lucia regarding the apparition of Our Lady at Fatima which has not happened , except the "vision" which has been toned down by the Vatican. Everything Our Lady said and the Vatican has allowed us to see and hear has been exactly as she said. This isn't St. Lucia speaking it is Or Lady sent by God Almighty. This apparition is not on the same level as all of the ones listed which if true were conditional. Our Lady was sent as God's messenger specifically to give this warning.This is not about the Apocalypse, it is the Minor Chastisement, which could be avoided if the words of Our Lady in the second envelope which Cardinal Bertone foolishly exposed on Porta a Porta, on RAI TV,is revealed, and the daily rosaries by Catholics, and the Consecration of Russia is done as requested with all the Bishops of the World.

The adversary by getting all of these less than credible "prophecies" out and in the public eye diminishes the importance of Our Lady's warning, all the better to make sure many, many, meet him in hell.

tim

Melkite,

Who are these people that you are talking about? Just because you have had issues with balance in dealing with chastisements, 3DD, prophesies or the like, doesn't mean that this is a universal issue. I am going to assume that you are talking about people on FE. How could you possibly know how well I or Tim or mikemac, or any of us who speak often of Fatima, live our faith?

So Melkite obviously this is a rant about this thread on Catholic Prophecy.
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...365.0.html

Personally I think it is one of the most fascinating threads that have been on Fish Eaters in a while.  How can the thread be bad if one person says "It has motivated me to get my 5 first Saturdays done" and another person says "its also motivating me to redouble my rosaries and stay vigilant."

The three days of darkness does not take anything away from the Fatima Message.  For me I think it gives more urgency to pray that the Pope along with all the bishops consecrate Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart.  The Fatima Message is not just for Catholics, we already have the Sacraments.  With a proper consecration Russia is suppose to convert to the Catholic Faith.  How would anybody survive the three days of darkness without being a member of the Catholic Faith.  We are talking about the salvation of souls here, not earthly lives.   
(01-31-2012, 02:28 PM)Melkite Wrote: Why do people take this seriously?  I mean, of course, they could be true, but step back for a minute.  NONE of this is even remotely hinted at in Scripture or Apostolic tradition.  So it's completely absent from Public Revelation.  Aside from being Christ-centered, what makes these prophecies any different from the whack-job New Age prophecies that we're headed to a new age of enlightenment, or this or that disaster to cleanse the earth, etc., etc.?  If there was anything important in any of this, or anything relevant to our spiritual life, why didn't Christ mention it or the Apostles record it anywhere?  It seems that many get so consumed by these prophecies that they forget the real point of the Gospel.  Rather than going to confession, receiving the sacraments, fasting and taking care of the poor, people are stocking up on blessed bees-wax candles and and plastic liners for their windows and vents.  I'm all for being prepared, even for the unlikely, but this smells an awful lot like new-age apocalyptic mumbo-jumbo to me.

We aren't Protestants.  Hence, it's not a matter of picking and choosing.  We can be good Catholics AND believe in these prophecies, while preparing for them.

Take a look at King Louis XIV.  He refused a private revelation given to St. Margaret Mary Alaqouque.  She said he should consecrate himself and his kingdom to the Sacred Heart or a terrible disaster would befall France within "a generation".

Well, "a generation" passed... EXACTLY 100 YEARS TO THE DAY, and the French Revolution broke out.

That was a prophecy given by only one saint.

These prophecies like the three days darkness and the Great Monarch have been given over and over again by a number of saints.

God sends us warnings, why NOT err on the side of caution?  Heck, we still have rosaries as asked by Our Lady of Fatima.