Catholic 3DD, Great Monarch, Fatima prophecy
(02-01-2012, 04:14 AM)mikemac Wrote: So Melkite obviously this is a rant about this thread on Catholic Prophecy.
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...365.0.html

Personally I think it is one of the most fascinating threads that have been on Fish Eaters in a while.  How can the thread be bad if one person says "It has motivated me to get my 5 first Saturdays done" and another person says "its also motivating me to redouble my rosaries and stay vigilant."

The three days of darkness does not take anything away from the Fatima Message.  For me I think it gives more urgency to pray that the Pope along with all the bishops consecrate Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart.  The Fatima Message is not just for Catholics, we already have the Sacraments.  With a proper consecration Russia is suppose to convert to the Catholic Faith.  How would anybody survive the three days of darkness without being a member of the Catholic Faith.  We are talking about the salvation of souls here, not earthly lives.    

(01-31-2012, 11:59 PM)verenaerin Wrote: Melkite,

Who are these people that you are talking about? Just because you have had issues with balance in dealing with chastisements, 3DD, prophesies or the like, doesn't mean that this is a universal issue. I am going to assume that you are talking about people on FE. How could you possibly know how well I or Tim or mikemac, or any of us who speak often of Fatima, live our faith?

Well said.
(01-31-2012, 04:47 PM)Tim Wrote: Melkite, I'm sure you weren't but I'm an NCO in Our Lady's very own Regiment. And I defend as any sargent with a good M-4 would. Sorry if I was curt.

You're right though when it takes looking and finding the secret  "x" to fulfill it, there's a good chance it's just a story. Here's a guy on just this stuff.
If you scroll down they have a free talk on Doomsday and some folks obsession with it. They're Coulombe and Biersach, and Gerard tipped us off.

http://www.tumblarhouse.com/audio.php

tim
Great WEBSITE TIM good find!
All I know is I LONG and DESIRE with my groanings...God bring justice to these bastards....but of course God will do his will perfectly. But as a human with a sense of justice....3dd and the chastisement are blessings HOPED for...but not necessary to my faith.
I'm a lousy sinner, but I try every day to keep my prayer life, and rosaries, and a Low Mass on line. Because I'm such a crumb I run to Our Lady because she'll intercede to her Son for me. I have a hard time seeing who are these people that have a devotion to Fatima, and are weak in their faith. Personally I think it is a red herring. If you understand what happened at Fatima, and try to do what Our Lady requested, I don't see how that is bad.

A family friend told me a nugget concerning Vatican II. He was there and saw it. I asked Msgr. why the changes in the Mass, he said many priests didn't like the old women that sat in the front rows and prayed the rosary for several Low Masses every day. Roll that over in your own mind and see what you Think.

tim
What mother would not do everything she possibly can to save her children? What child, who flees to his mother for protection, will not get it? This is a fundamental instinct in all human mothers- even through the fall. Imagine that instinct in one who was never ruined by original sin. The pain she must feel, seeing her children ignore her pleads and willingly throw themselves into hell must be awful. No wonder some visionaries have found her crying.
(01-31-2012, 02:28 PM)Melkite Wrote: Why do people take this seriously?  I mean, of course, they could be true, but step back for a minute.  NONE of this is even remotely hinted at in Scripture or Apostolic tradition.  So it's completely absent from Public Revelation.  Aside from being Christ-centered, what makes these prophecies any different from the whack-job New Age prophecies that we're headed to a new age of enlightenment, or this or that disaster to cleanse the earth, etc., etc.?  If there was anything important in any of this, or anything relevant to our spiritual life, why didn't Christ mention it or the Apostles record it anywhere?  It seems that many get so consumed by these prophecies that they forget the real point of the Gospel.  Rather than going to confession, receiving the sacraments, fasting and taking care of the poor, people are stocking up on blessed bees-wax candles and and plastic liners for their windows and vents.  I'm all for being prepared, even for the unlikely, but this smells an awful lot like new-age apocalyptic mumbo-jumbo to me.

A period of darkness is mentioned in Sacred Scripture, so it's part of public revelation.  Sister Lucia has stated that we are living in the days of the Apocalypse.

Apocalypse 16:10: And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom became dark, and they gnawed their tongues for pain.
Has Ireland sunk into the sea? Has Russia converted?
(02-01-2012, 02:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: Has Ireland sunk into the sea? Has Russia converted?

Ireland sinking into the sea?  I haven't heard that one.
(02-01-2012, 03:04 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(02-01-2012, 02:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: Has Ireland sunk into the sea? Has Russia converted?

Ireland sinking into the sea?  I haven't heard that one.

This is a great one.  St Patrick didn't have faith in the Irish's faith, and foresaw that when the end times came, not a single person would hold the faith.  So he petitioned God to push Ireland into the sea right before the end, so that the souls of those who would not persist in the faith could be saved.

God 'ol St Pat!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-01-2012, 03:41 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: St Patrick didn't have faith in the Irish's faith

So far, seems he was right.