Susan G. Komen to quit donating to Planned Parenthood
(01-31-2012, 06:59 PM)Ineffable1 Wrote: So once the investigation is over SK will resume giving money to PP again? That is how I am reading it. If so, I'd bet the funds are being put in escrow until then.

Or am I just being cynical?

Apparently not.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/01/komen...permanent/

Quote:Austin Ruse, the president of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute (CFAM) tells LifeNews that the AP report is wrong and that the Komen funding is not a temporarily (sic) decision based solely on the fact that Planned Parenthood is under investigation at the federal and state level.

He told LifeNews.com that the official Komen statement announcing the decision does not mention that it is conditioned based on the results of the Congressional investigation and that it not a temporary change based on a change in how grants are allocated — pointing to the sentence in the Komen statement saying, “We also implemented more stringent eligibility and performance criteria to support these strategies.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Susan G. Komen to quit donating to Planned Parenthood - by WhollyRoaminCatholic - 02-01-2012, 05:27 PM