Pasta: What you like
Ramen noodles :grin:

Seriously, I love spiral and twisted white wheat noodles with just oil.  Nothing else. 
ramen noodles  :LOL:  I grew up on those. They taste good but are so bad for you! Like McDonalds lol. One thing I do with pasta a lot: I like to use egg noodles, they are my preference for this casserole I make; I make a roux. OK a lot of the time I like to start sauteing onions and celery in tons of butter then add the flour til everything's coated, then milk, cream cheese, white pepper, black pepper salt garlic powder etc. and mix it all together til it's just right. Or I start with ground beef and saute that, drain some of the fat then add flour and do as above to make the sauce. You just have to kinda go with the flow of it, then of course, you mix the sauce with the cooked noodles, throw it in a baking dish, put a ton of cheddar on top, maybe crumble up some crackers, chips, or bread crumbs on top of that, then in the oven 350 for as long as it takes the cheese to melt. A good var. for Fridays, add tuna to the cream sauce. Everyone seems to love it. I don't know how traditional it is. I just winged it one day and it worked.  :grin: Pasta is one of my favorite foods to work with. My husband doesn't like it much. He is Italian, I'm not..
(02-01-2012, 10:16 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Ramen noodles :grin:

Seriously, I love spiral and twisted white wheat noodles with just oil.  Nothing else. 

For asian noodles, ramen, as well as canton and bihon are good.
Quote:If you take the lid off once the water comes to a rolling boil you can avoid overflow.

Once mine gets boiling a minute or to, I cover it -- and turn off the stove.  It still "cooks" itself done with the Retained Heat.

Anne, who never has overflows anymore