Breaking: Komen Also Stops Funding Embryonic Stem Cell Research Centers
(02-02-2012, 01:38 AM)Petertherock Wrote:
(02-01-2012, 09:44 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I'm sure Adam Wayne is going to have something stupid to say anyway.

Probably that they need to stop making pro athletes dress in pink because that's proof of their feminazi agenda  LOL

Did you know that until the 40s (I believe, it may have been a decade or two earlier, but I think it was the 40s) pink was a boy's color and blue was a girls.  The blue/girl association was because of Our Lady being portrayed wearing a blue cloak. Pink was thought to be too powerful a color for girls.
Just a little trivia. Big Grin
(02-02-2012, 09:50 AM)knittycat Wrote: Did you know that until the 40s (I believe, it may have been a decade or two earlier, but I think it was the 40s) pink was a boy's color and blue was a girls.  The blue/girl association was because of Our Lady being portrayed wearing a blue cloak. Pink was thought to be too powerful a color for girls. Just a little trivia. Big Grin 

I saw the same when I worked at a church supply store. Blue is the color for Mary and red is the color for Christ. Look at the garments of statues and paintings, and especially the glass candle containers for cemeteries.  Red symbolizes the Sacred Heart / Precious Blood.
Yes, you will see pink stoles soon. What do you want to bet that they will begin by taking collections in fundie "churches".

I don't believe this leopard so suddenly changes its spots. I was asked to do some probono work for this group about 10 years ago. I wouldn't do it.

Can't you people figure out anything? They won. Free birth control, free abortion, Catholic hospitals are going to have to close or simply be stolen through legislation!

Now there is your answer. You, if you pay taxes, starting to wonder if some of you here do, are going to pay for this all already through Fed Funding.

It makes perfect sense to change strategies and get into the pockets of Christians; the real and the heretical variety. That is where the untapped reserves are.

My you people are easy. Haven't you seen it in the lip service paid to social conservatives in fundie-land and to Catholics by the GOP over all these years?

Eventually some Lesbian nun with a crewcut, or other liberal nut in some chancery, will say, "hey, why don't we show our support as Church for the cause of breast cancer, because we are Church!". They will continue, "And it will show our support for Ecumenical Activities!".

So who is the stupid one? Wake up, you're being murdered.
LOL on the pink for boys and blue for girls. Sounds like some low level revisionist history. But, if SCG says it is really red, I might be able to believe it. At least in Catholic homes.

But red is not pink, unless you are color blind.

You know sex changes in products are nothing new. The Marlboro brand used to be for ladies. And the filters were actually red in color to hide those unseemly lipstick stains. The brand was in a mess.

But, they weren't going to be able to sell them to men, because the filter was considered "sissy". Not just the red colored filter, any color filter was "sissy".

Enter the Cowboy and the greatest ad campaign in history.

And it was a sex change operation.

Of course we had cigarettes for the girls too. Virginia Slims. It's a diet aid really, keeps you slim and pure. With just the right mix of female rights thrown in to the brand personality.

You've come a long way, baby!

Indeed.
(02-02-2012, 12:00 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: LOL on the pink for boys and blue for girls. Sounds like some low level revisionist history. But, if SCG says it is really red, I might be able to believe it. At least in Catholic homes.

But red is not pink, unless you are color blind.

But red is closer to pink than blue is. Red = Sacred Heart of Jesus. Blue = Mary. That's all I'm saying.

Also, rose vestments are worn on Gaudete and Latare Sundays. They symbolize joy. White vestments symbolize joy or purity. Black symbolizes mourning.

In the liturgical and religious world, colors have a distinct meaning. But in the secular world, colors can lose their meaning or take on new ones, such as black being Goth, and pink for girls and blue for boys, etc...
Hey, knittycat, did you get a Catholic bible yet? Or am I confusing you with some other little kitty?
(02-01-2012, 10:12 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Send them a note of thanks. Do not delay. news@komen.org

They're being slammed on their Facebook page as well. It only takes a minute to "like" and comment.
Wow, liberals are so tolerant of everybody!

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pro-abo...parenthood

News
Print Article  |  Email Friend  |  Reprint Permissions
Pro-aborts hack Komen website over cutting Planned Parenthood

by Kathleen Gilbert

Thu Feb 02, 2012 14:40 EST
    Comments (0)

February 2, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Internet hackers eager to take revenge against Susan G. Komen for the Cure for cutting its financial ties with Planned Parenthood have hacked the breast cancer foundation’s web address to ridicule the group.

Even as Komen founder and CEO Nancy Brinker told MSNBC Thursday the overall response to the groups’ decision this week was “favorable,” the opposing party made their ire known: Komen’s Internet visitors Wednesday night began noticing elements on the site mocking the group.

The graphic on the Komen page, which Mediaite reports is actually a fake site to which hackers re-directed visitors the Komen.org URL, had replaced its original text with “Help us run over poor women on our way to the bank.”

As of Thursday morning, the Komen website appears still to be forwarding to the address identified as fake, ww5.komen.org instead of www.komen.org, although the graphic appears to have returned to normal.
(02-02-2012, 12:42 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Hey, knittycat, did you get a Catholic bible yet? Or am I confusing you with some other little kitty?

That's me! One is on it's way to me, thanks to su!
What's wrong with pink stoles?

[Image: 07_12_16_rosacea1_sm.jpg]