Witness the horror of Kosher slaughter

HMiS Wrote:"The allegations against Kosher slaughtering seem exaggerated ..."

I'm speechless.

How could someone possibly exaggerate in describing the blatant, unnecessary, unspeakable cruelty documented in that video? The video says more than words could ever say.

HMiS Wrote: "... and should not be restricted to Jewish butchers only."

Well until I have reason to believe that any religion other than Judaism mandates cruelty of this nature and, institutes it into our culture and manages to get us to pay for it, I will focus on "Jewish butchers."

HMiS Wrote:Islamic butchers slaughter animals in this way too. 

This is a bald faced lie.

Islamic butchers do not slaughter animals in the brutal manner in which the cows were treated in that video.

Your apologia on behalf of these criminals is most telling.
MauricePinay Wrote:

Islamic butchers do not slaughter animals in the brutal manner in which the cows were treated in that video.

I don't believe Islamic slaughter animals in a cruel manner, and they certainly don't get us to pay for it.  Though they may waste the animal as far as not using it once they've sacrificed it.  My ex-bro-inlaw would sell goats and sheep to what appeared to be Islamics all the time.  They would perform the sacrifice on his property, he watched them do it a few times.  He said they would say some kind of prayer over it, touch the animal in the forehead or some part thereabouts, and the animal would be stunned.  That part he thought was really spooky.  Then they would slit it's throat, and the animal was dead.  No suffering at all.  They never did take the meat, they just left it lay.  Which I do think is wrong. 
I wouldn't trust one thing that PETA puts out.

As any hunter will tell you the quicker and more pain free death comes to the animal, the better the meat. Adrenalin makes for tough meat. That's why the hunter aims for the heart, to stop the adrenalin rush. The same goes for fish. Ahi fisherman in Hawaii know better than to scare their catch because it makes the fish taste bad.

Torturing animals before killing them just doesn't make sense in a capitalist society. Nobody likes a tough steak.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I wouldn't trust one thing that PETA puts out.

It was all staged, right?

The Jewish lobby hasn't even made that absurd claim.
Quote:
It was all staged, right?

The Jewish lobby hasn't even made that absurd claim.

And neither have I. I said I don't trust Peta, and neither should you. I thought I noticed a bit of a disclaimer in your lead post.

The video was disgusting enough without the encendiary commentary. If you want to be a vegetarian, go right ahead.

All anyone needs to do is ask your local butcher at your favorite store if they get meat from kosher sources and then leave it at the store if it is. Or eat pig. [Image: gimmefood.gif]

I live across the street from a farm that raises steer for their personal use and I have friends that raise their own pigs and chickens. The animals are treated humanely in life and in death at these family farms. There is even a local butcher who does his own processing for them. He does deer during the season. PETA would be outraged by that, too. 

I am however certain, that the local Kosher butcher over here does not practice these things, again proof, that this is not to be written upon the account of Judaism (even talmudism) in general, which should be countered with theological arguments.

I am certain cows and animals were not kicked and stepped upon.

Can you give me the talmudic or Jewish prescriptions for these abuses of animalsHuh? I guess you can't. Then this example becomes just an example of SOME Jewish butchers treating animals in bad way SOMEWHERE.

And it makes no point to use this against rabbinist Judaics and entering such posts in this forum, would cause too much suspicion of antisemitism in the eyes of someone else. I already detest the view on this forum is centered more and more upon the post temple Jews, while we Roman Catholics ourselves should be far more occupied with combatting Church crisis. I never heard Archbishop Lefebvre write books on the Jews or Jewish butchering in factories, nor did M. Davies.

Yes, I believe Catholic teaching on treatment of animals. See my entry above in which I quoted Fr. Jone OFMCap.

As much as I despise PETA, there is no denying that they have been instrumental in exposing some of the worst forms of inhumane treatment. Yes, they go WAY overboard on everything else, but their function has proven useful time and time again in stopping and exposing vicious animal abuse.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote: 
I said I don't trust Peta, and neither should you.

No, actually, what you said was, "I wouldn't trust one thing that PETA puts out."

Well, the video which this thread is based upon is one thing that PETA put out.

I am attempting to educate people on the evils of Judaism as any good Catholic should. You are not helping me with comments like that. 

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I thought I noticed a bit of a disclaimer in your lead post.

That's right. I qualified my endorsement of the video by stating that I know that PETA are nuts.

However, the video has a great deal of worth. The fact that it was made by PETA is irrelevant to me, as it should be to any reasonable Catholic who fights for the social reign of Christ the King.

Are we on the same side here?
HMiS Wrote:I am however certain, that the local Kosher butcher over here does not practice these things, again proof, that this is not to be written upon the account of Judaism (even talmudism) in general, which should be countered with theological arguments.

I can't take you seriously at all, HMiS. You speak as if you have authority on matters which you are obviously ignorant of, and you make completely illogical statements like the one above on a regular basis.

In every thread which I start that deals with Judaism you come to the defense of the rabbis, each time with an illogical, dishonest argument.

Who's side are you on?

Quote:
Are we on the same side?

Did you not notice my suggestion to just ask the butcher if the meat the store sells is bought from one of the kosher plants? Obviously, if anyone has a reason to suspect that the meat is from one of those shops of horror it should not be purchased. [Image: huhuh.gif]  I have no problem bugging the butchers at my local Marsh store about their resources for meat, seafood, fish, etc. I have to pay a fortune to feed my family and I like to make sure they are getting wholesome food.

I thought Jennifer had an interesting observation. Why isn't this all over the news? Maybe it's just because PETA's long legacy of aggression has back-fired on them. Clinton's connection to Tyson was what made that news, though wasn't it?