Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned?
(02-05-2012, 01:50 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 01:01 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: St. Thomas himself says as much.

It's a valid theological opinion, it's not "bullshit" but I've come to expect this kind of childish reactions from you, Melkite.

I'm sorry it bothers you so much that I'm not willing to show Aquinas the same unwavering deference as you, however, Scripture explicitly states that God wills none to perish.  If he does not will people to perish, then he is not in heaven eternally rejoicing at their suffering.  Insofar as Aquinas thought as much, he is wrong.  Anywhere that Aquinas contradicts Scripture, Aquinas is wrong.  Every.  Time.

Aquinas is not contradicting Scripture. However, your knowledge of Holy Writ seems to be lacking, as evidenced by the predestination threads for instance, not to mention of theological concepts.

You would do well to rethink your arrogant approach to theology. Hatred and contempt for Thomism (and Augustinianism) is not a sign of Christian maturity but of baseless Eastern pride, that at its core, is close-minded and childish. It will lead you nowhere but to schism and perdition.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned? - by Vetus Ordo - 02-05-2012, 02:39 PM