Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned?
(02-05-2012, 03:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 03:31 PM)su Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 03:24 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 02:38 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Yes, he is not a saint in the Roman Catholic Church.

Not a saint of the RCC = 100% wrong on each and every thing they ever said.   :eyeroll:

For your accusation and disdain for St. Thomas, I think you should not expect much sympathy here.

He has my sympathy. I have a great deal of respect for St. Thomas Aquinas, but he was human, and therefore capable of error, and I think he was wrong on this point. The thought of anybody (either God or the souls in Heaven) rejoicing in the suffering of the damned is absolutely disgusting to me. If I weren't already Catholic, that would be enough to turn me away -- "If this is what Catholics believe, I want no part of their religion." Fortunately, it's not what all of us believe. I'm 100% on Melkite's side on this issue.

You think the saved exist with eternal sorrow for the results of God's justice?

That is what this is about. Are the people in Heaven happy for themselves, but sorrowful for others? Do they wish God had judged otherwise?

This proper understanding of the "rejoicing" is necessary. It is not the focus on the sorrow of others as humans are so inclined.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned? - by Historian - 02-05-2012, 04:01 PM