Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned?
(02-05-2012, 04:01 PM)su Wrote: You think the saved exist with eternal sorrow for the results of God's justice?

That is what this is about. Are the people in Heaven happy for themselves, but sorrowful for others? Do they wish God had judged otherwise?

This proper understanding of the "rejoicing" is necessary. It is not the focus on the sorrow of others as humans are so inclined.

I don't claim perfect understanding of Heaven. I would expect that we would be perfectly happy there, but that needn't include actual rejoicing over the suffering of others. I'll accept your definition of "rejoicing" as meaning something other than what we would literally take it to mean, but some others here appear to be taking it literally and being OK with that. And that bothers me. I would hope that if I make it to Heaven, I won't be thinking about the souls in Hell at all. I certainly hope I won't be laughing at them, because that would be disgusting.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Souls in heaven rejoicing at the sight of the damned? - by Grasshopper - 02-05-2012, 04:29 PM