The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas
(02-06-2012, 02:47 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: To Melkite's credit, I am impressed that he so zealously perseveres in the Catholic Faith despite the fact that the Church has such praise* for a doctor of the Church he finds so contemptible. Most, finding the Church's teachings no to their liking, would simply leave the Faith for something that appeals to their own personal tastes; but the fact that Melkite perseveres in the Catholic Faith despite his misgivings about St. Thomas (though, he must submit to the Church's authority in this matter) indicates that he is a Catholic not because of preference but because he knows it is the Truth. May God reward him for that!

Thank you, but it's nothing to be rewarded.  Where else am I supposed to go?  Even Orthodoxy, as appealing as it is, and even though regularly I question again whether it may be the true Church...it just isn't.  I know too much.  If it's not Catholicism, it's nothing.  Anything else, even atheism, even nihilism, just aren't possible to give assent to.  If it's not Catholicism, it truly is nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas - by Melkite - 02-06-2012, 03:25 AM