The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas
(02-06-2012, 03:12 AM)Melkite Wrote: Ok, whether you approve of my lack of respect for Aquinas or not, let's get the facts straight.  I called the idea bullshit before Vetus ever brought up that Aquinas held the belief.  So let's stop saying I was disrespecting Aquinas by calling it bullshit.  When I referred to the idea as bullshit, I wasn't aware Aquinas had any relation to it at the time, I was merely responding to the title.  Saying I was insulting Aquinas by my very first post on this thread when Aquinas hadn't even been brought up yet at this point is bearing false witness.  I don't expect Vetus to let "trivial" little facts like that get in the way of a sound thrashing and pro-Western tirade, but honestly, I thought YOU of all people were better than that.

Why are you playing innocent now? Even after you knew that St. Thomas Aquinas had said it, you just pressed on. And it's not just about that thread, it's an ongoing pattern. Don't pretend as if you suddenly had always respected St. Thomas or St. Augustine when it's clear you don't.

(02-05-2012, 01:50 PM)Melkite Wrote: I'm sorry it bothers you so much that I'm not willing to show Aquinas the same unwavering deference as you, however, Scripture explicitly states that God wills none to perish.  If he does not will people to perish, then he is not in heaven eternally rejoicing at their suffering.  Insofar as Aquinas thought as much, he is wrong.  Anywhere that Aquinas contradicts Scripture, Aquinas is wrong.  Every.  Time.

(02-04-2012, 11:28 PM)Melkite Wrote: KInd of makes you wonder why Latins put so much stock in it when its own author decided it was garbage after he saw Jesus face to face, doesn't it?  It's almost like going back to the old covenant after Jesus gave you the new to replace it.

(02-05-2012, 06:10 PM)Melkite Wrote: Aquinas may have been the fairest in considering every argument seriously, but that doesn't make him a pinnacle.  He would be a pinnacle if he were right on virtually everything he argued, and if he did so with an eloquence and to a degree that far surpassed any thinker before him, then that would make him a pinnacle.  And yes, I'm well aware that his followers already believe that of him, in much the same way Ron Paul can do or say no wrong to his.

And then your vitriol reaches an all time high when you accused fellow Catholics of idolatry:

(02-05-2012, 08:57 AM)Melkite Wrote: It would be nice if the Aquinarians would at least choose another day of the week to burn incense to their god.

Get a hold of yourself.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas - by Vetus Ordo - 02-06-2012, 12:41 PM