The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas
(02-08-2012, 06:08 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 05:50 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 05:32 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Accusations of heresy shouldn't be thrown around lightly and we must give our brothers in the faith at least the benefit of the doubt.

Melkite is owed an apology.

I did not call Melkite a heretic, I said that in the post he professed a heretical opinion, there is a world of difference and no he is not owed an apology.

You accused him of having professed heresy, which is not true. Don't be obtuse. I understand the use of polemical language during discussions but we're all part of the same spiritual family. Let charity inform our behaviour.

(02-07-2012, 12:08 PM)TrentCath Wrote: Seeing as you just professed heresy it appears that it is you who should be more careful.

This would require an apology if wrong its not, the idea that there are pains, and by that I mean suffering, in purgatory is de fide, it may not be burning fires, but there is pain and it most certainly does not come from 'private revelation' as 'The fundamentals of Catholic Dogma' quite clearly states.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas - by TrentCath - 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM