The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas
(02-09-2012, 05:25 AM)Parmandur Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 05:03 AM)TrentCath Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 08:57 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 07:55 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 07:54 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 07:48 PM)TrentCath Wrote: I have no intention of replying to your tiresome sanctimonious posts

You treat your words like they are perspicuous, when that is hardly the case.  Melkite misunderstood what you meant by "pain," and you accuse him wrongfully of heresy.  The De Fide teachings of the Church do not require of the fiathful what you say they do, and what they do require Melkite has assented to in a Catholic fashion.  You accuse me of being sanctimonious, but at least my mother taught me to apologize for my bad behavior.  :P

And you have a remarkable talent for obfuscation

Obfuscation, or seeing what is there?  Clearly Melkite, coming from a non-Latin context, misread you as making purgatory physical.  You then accused him falsely and maliciously of heresy.  When it was pointed out that he said nothing out of line, you continued to insist that you were sticking to facts, therefore you have no need of apologizing for being an asshole to him.  To point this out is the opposite of obfuscation.  Claiming that you are guiltless is obfuscation.  Melkite has clearly said that those in purgatory suffer from the lack of the presence of God, and long for this completion.  This is what is meant in the Councils by pain.  He said nothing wrong, but you acted wrongly by accusing him.  To say someone is speaking heretically is the same as calling them a heretic, since being a heretic resides in the act of believing and professing heretical beliefs.  Since he did neither, you are guilty of bearing false witness against him, and ought to apologize.

Nope obfuscation, and no a heretic who obstinately maintains these beliefs despite being warned.

In the post above the one you just posted, Melkite abjured any hint of heresy by acknowledging the suffering of the souls in Purgatory.  You were wrong to accuse him earlier, and you are foolish to accuse him now that he is absolutely clearly in line with the De Fide doctrines of the Church on this issue.  It is you who obfuscate with false accusations against your brother.

Melkite, you are kind to not take offense at being insulted and slandered.  A very Christian attitude, much to be admired.

Let us be clear, in order for me to have committed sin, you would have to show that my statement was unreasonable and therefore rash. You cannot do that because my saying that melkite had professed a heresy was entirely reasonable given both his wording and hid demonstrated attitude of contempt for so called Latin theology and St Thomas.

Your continued insistence on an apology is therefore nothing but stubbornness, I suggest rather than spending your time falsely accusing others of sin you read some moral theology.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas - by TrentCath - 02-09-2012, 06:07 AM