The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas
(02-09-2012, 04:23 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 10:34 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 06:07 AM)TrentCath Wrote: Let us be clear, in order for me to have committed sin, you would have to show that my statement was unreasonable and therefore rash. You cannot do that because my saying that melkite had professed a heresy was entirely reasonable given both his wording and hid demonstrated attitude of contempt for so called Latin theology and St Thomas.

Your continued insistence on an apology is therefore nothing but stubbornness, I suggest rather than spending your time falsely accusing others of sin you read some moral theology.

Even if a misunderstanding is reasonable, one can still apologize for it and any hurt or offense it may have caused.  It would probably be of spiritual benefit to you to apologize.

You seem to have a tendency to rely on intellect and knowledge. That is what I am like too.  In my case, this tendency leaves me in great need of  developing kindness and humility. I find that is useful for me to apologize in situations such as the one you are in now.  There is so much more to our Faith than being right in debates.  When I have forgotten that I have been very harsh and arrogant.  I encourage you to think and pray about this.  You don't want to end up like me, do you?  :)

If people wish to make a mountain out of a molehill they may do so, if they think that I am going to waste my time on being involved however they are sadly mistaken.

Making a mountain out of a molehill?!?!? Physician, heal thyself.  :LOL:

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Eastern Churches and St. Thomas Aquinas - by Parmandur - 02-09-2012, 04:56 PM