My Bishop's letter
(02-06-2012, 02:07 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 02:03 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 03:44 AM)Tapatio Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 02:19 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote: My bishop's letter said that the biggest reason to oppose this mandate is that it violates the Constitution.   No mention about violating God's law.   The Constitution trumps God!
Interesting. That is what Sr. Keehan said also regarding the bill.  "I oppose it not because of religion, but because it violates individual liberties to choose what to buy".
[Image: SrCarolKeehan.jpg]
Is that the new invisible scapular that shes wearing?
Sadly, I question whether "Sister" Carol even believes that Mary was a virgin.
"Oh, THAT doesn't really matter. Jesus as just a man, based on what was said about social justice, is all that really matters anyway."

There's a lot of things we might not like about Sr. Carol's views or recent public behavior, but this post seems unfair.

We should not accuse anyone of such heresy, unless you have a source that Sr. Carol has denied the Perpetual Virginity of Our Lady or the Divinity of Our Lord?

And since she made vows received by the Church, we should not put "sister" in quotes.  Even if she should wear a habit but doesn't, gives scandal, etc.
Based on her actions as a religious, in a more "traditional" Catholic setting, is she not excommunication material?
Under JP-II or PB-16 shes safe, for sure.
(02-06-2012, 02:20 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 02:07 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 02:03 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 03:44 AM)Tapatio Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 02:19 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote: My bishop's letter said that the biggest reason to oppose this mandate is that it violates the Constitution.   No mention about violating God's law.   The Constitution trumps God!
Interesting. That is what Sr. Keehan said also regarding the bill.  "I oppose it not because of religion, but because it violates individual liberties to choose what to buy".
[Image: SrCarolKeehan.jpg]
Is that the new invisible scapular that shes wearing?
Sadly, I question whether "Sister" Carol even believes that Mary was a virgin.
"Oh, THAT doesn't really matter. Jesus as just a man, based on what was said about social justice, is all that really matters anyway."

There's a lot of things we might not like about Sr. Carol's views or recent public behavior, but this post seems unfair.

We should not accuse anyone of such heresy, unless you have a source that Sr. Carol has denied the Perpetual Virginity of Our Lady or the Divinity of Our Lord?

And since she made vows received by the Church, we should not put "sister" in quotes.  Even if she should wear a habit but doesn't, gives scandal, etc.
Based on her actions as a religious, in a more "traditional" Catholic setting, is she not excommunication material?
Under JP-II or PB-16 shes safe, for sure.

She would be excommunited if she were a manifest heretic, is that what you mean?  But what's the heresy?

In general being very secularized and doing lots of imprudent things and being influenced by modernism ... that doesn't equal being a manifest heretic.

Just to be clear, I am not a fan of Sr Carol at all.  I just think our case as traditional Catholics (our case to the Church to return to tradition) is stronger if we are careful in what we say.  I would not impute heresy to someone who did not clearly speak or write heresy, and I'd continue to use approprite titles even when we criticize those who hold the titles.
Sorry, but as a religious, her repugnant and defiant attitude towards Church teachings and her Bishop caused more real scandal than Biden, Pelosi and Ted Kennedy COMBINED.
(02-06-2012, 03:07 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote: Sorry, but as a religious, her repugnant and defiant attitude towards Church teachings and her Bishop caused more real scandal than Biden, Pelosi and Ted Kennedy COMBINED.

I agree.

I think my points still stand. 
You're entitled to your point.
I just have little tolerance for a person (especially a religious) who publicly seeks to injure the Church in such a blatant manner.
(02-06-2012, 01:52 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(02-06-2012, 10:16 AM)Petertherock Wrote: I wish we could clone Bishop Slattery and make him Bishop of every diocese!

There is a moral way to do this.  There are traditional priests everywhere who are marginalized.  Instead of marginalizing them, consecrate some of them as bishops, and give them dioceses.

Not all will be great bishops, but they will be better than most of those put forward to the Holy Father by the chanceries.

Greetings,

From what I have heard, the chance of them becoming Vicar General is very, very slim.

Blessings,

TraditionalistThomas.