For some reason, my response to Archbishop Chaput's letter didn't post
(02-06-2012, 09:50 PM)Gerard Wrote: Your Grace,

I wonder who you are actually trying to communicate with.

I’m sorry to see the appeal to the scribblings of the Man-made and consequently unstable Constitution instead of to the rock solid faith of Catholic Truth. As Chesterton said, “Why should I trust my conscience any more than my rotting teeth or failing eyesight?”

Why not actually make the stand that it’s immoral? Do you think God actually cares if our “rights” are being trod upon? Don’t stand up for us and our rights. Stand up for Christ and His Angels. THAT is where the problem lies. Wanting to be exempt on a purely civil matter and wash hands like Pontius Pilate is simply not good enough. Evil will not be satisfied by leaving us alone. It’s a predator. It’s time to face up to the real battle.

My recommendation (with no weight other than that of a Catholic layman ) is to teach the Catholic faith unashamedly and spend less time worrying about politics. Win the Catholics back to the Catholic Church with the Catholic faith in its entirety and the political results will irresistably eventually follow due to God’s grace and nothing of our own making.

As it stands now, most Catholics are in apostasy and don’t even believe the teachings of the Church or the exclusive privileges of the one, true Church founded by our Divine Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. A simple quiz in the pews would show this. The empty pews already bear witness to it. Soon it will empty and closed Churches bearing witness to it.

Think I’m over-emphasizing the problem? Have them recite the introduction to the Athanasian Creed before Mass each week and see the howls of dissatisfaction and denial from the congregation. “Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.”

I would bet 90% of Catholics in the pews believe that the doctrine of the Church can actually change. So, many Church attending Catholics would not in principle be opposed to anti-life contraception and the bloody slaughter of children in the womb. Why would God even respond in the positive from the prayers of such apostates? Because our “Constitutional rights” (none of which allow for His Church to have any privilege above all other false Churches) are being violated? Why should HE care? The babies die by the 10s of millions with our without the Consitution. Sodom and Gomorrah were probably paradises compared with the mess we are in. Herod’s slaughter was nothing compared to these numbers.

After marinating for decades in indifferentism and syncretism while suffering under the delusion that there is no battle for the salvation of souls, nor enslavement to sin nor need to resist the world, the flesh and the Devil, you have no soldiers to call upon. They drifted away in the fog of the 70s 80s and 90s. The Bishops have willfully allowed the faithful to fall into this apostasy, because it can’t be said with certainty or in many cases credibility that the bishops hold the Catholic faith.

Given a choice between following Church leaders vs. Civil leaders that the people have a stake in electing, their democratic “ideals” will trump any natural or supernatural heirarchy. And if it isn’t obvious by now, no matter what grand gestures and outreach the Church has made in decades to make itself “friends” with the world, the world and the Church are enemies and only a renunciation of the faith will satisfy the world. Since the Church is indefectible, it will be forced to cease all formal social work and disappear from the public square. It’s a win-win situation for the secularists since the Churchmen were negligent in their duty. And God will allow it to happen since the Churchmen became worldly and forgot the essentials of His message of Salvation through His Divinely established Church alone.

The real solutions are completely impractical to our modern minds, but they will work.

Publicly consecrate the archdiocese to Our Lady and win grace for conversions. Stamp out the liberal dissidents in the parishes, proclaim the whole, politically incorrect Catholic faith without nuance, fear or shame. In other words, fight for souls. “Think globally and act locally” actually does have some merit in this case.

God Bless and be assured of my prayers.

By: Gerard on February 5, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Wow! Great response. I can see why it might have hit a glitch.

When I read the following, I heard that exquisite ring of truth.

“no matter what grand gestures and outreach the Church has made in decades to make itself “friends” with the world, the world and the Church are enemies and only a renunciation of the faith will satisfy the world.”

Messages In This Thread
Re: For some reason, my response to Archbishop Chaput's letter didn't post - by Might_4_Right - 02-07-2012, 03:01 AM