Bishop McFadden sparks ADL outrage over Inappropriate Holocaust Comparison
Criticising  Israel is antisemitic.  Criticising the holocaust is antisemitic.  Criticising the non holocaust is antisemitic. Criticising zionism is antisemitic. Criticising the talmud is antisemitic. Criticising the ADL is  antisemitic.  Criticising the criticism is antisemitic.  Criticising antisemitism is antisemitic . Oy vey.  :crazy:
Rhetorically, I believe Nazi analogies should be avoided, because most audiences will dismiss what you say as soon as you make the comparison.  Godwin's law applies specifically to the internet, but the Nazi card is still problematic for this reason.  He would have been better off saying "Stalin and Mao Zedong." 
I'm truly weary of the word and thought police. Will Rogers and Mark Twain would be with Imus and Buchanan in the un-pc jail. I wish a very good Liberal with impeccable credentials like Doris Kearns Goodwin the Historian would write a comprehensive book on the entire holocaust.
She is honest and then we could have a honest assessment.

tim
I'm surprised we can use the word train. As poor Jews were transported like cattle to the Gas Chambers. Also, they may have seen some grass on the way to Auschwitz as well. Better leave that word alone too.

Winston Churchill in his multiple voluminous work on WWII does not mention Gas Chambers. Neither did Dwight Eisenhower in his very long history of WWII.

The ADL is not meaninless and they are not pushing themselves out of existences with absurdity. As a matter of fact they are a hybrid of American Nazism/Cultural Marxism/Crime Syndicate.

The fact that for most dumbed-down Americans, WWII means, or is equal to, 6 million dead Jews is a tragedy of epic proportions.

The greatest tradgedy is that the War is only discussed, at best as a N. African Campaign, D-Day, Liberation of France, and maybe, if you're really sharp some knowledge of the Battle of the Bulge. In other words, American involement in Europe and thanks to the movie Patton, some knowledge of N.Africa. Besides Pearl Harbor, even the loss of American life in fighting the Japs is glossed over.

Of course no mention is ever made in the general knowledge universe of Poland and Eastern Europe who, in Poland's case, actually fought both enemies; Germany and USSR. Except the idea that they were somehow collaborators against the Jews.

Of course, part of the problem is it exposes the hypocrisy of us fighting on the side of the Communists during this war.

All because the Jews and the ADL are the biggest whiners in the world and have made it the War against the Jews.

Never mind that rich Jews funded Hitler to destroy Germany and finish the job of Christians killing Christians and offered up the poor Jews of Eastern Europe who were expendable, especially since they were not that hot on the idea of Zionism in the first place.

There is the book that Ms. Goodwin could never write in a short and concise post.

No, best not to cave, and if we want to use Hitler as an example, we should and we do not allow them to own the word as some kind of intellectual property by means of intimidation.

Tell the ADL to just shut their pie-hole already.
The ADL would probably like to throw all the anti-Semites into concentration camps...  :Hmm:
(02-07-2012, 08:46 AM)thomas7 Wrote: Criticising  Israel is antisemitic.  Criticising the holocaust is antisemitic.   Criticising the non holocaust is antisemitic. Criticising zionism is antisemitic. Criticising the talmud is antisemitic. Criticising the ADL is  antisemitic.  Criticising the criticism is antisemitic.  Criticising antisemitism is antisemitic . Oy vey.   :crazy:

Your post is....Well, you know.

:LOL:
(02-07-2012, 02:22 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: The ADL would probably like to throw all the anti-Semites into concentration camps...   :Hmm:

If it makes you feel any better, if the ADL ever takes over, they will come after me first.  From their perspective, I am a traitor. 
Shouldn't it read "ADL Sparks Outrage over Inappropriate Holocaust Comparison"?
(02-07-2012, 05:33 PM)Richard C Wrote: Shouldn't it read "ADL Sparks Outrage over Inappropriate Holocaust Comparison"?

Honestly.  This is probably blowback for +McFadden's recent peculiar activities (praying the Rosary outside an abortion clinic, etc.)

...But did any of you guys SEE/HEAR the interview??  What really got me about my poor bishop's comments was his pronunciation of "Mussolini" as "Mew-zo-leenee."  Odd!
(02-07-2012, 03:16 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-07-2012, 02:22 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: The ADL would probably like to throw all the anti-Semites into concentration camps...   :Hmm:

If it makes you feel any better, if the ADL ever takes over, they will come after me first.  From their perspective, I am a traitor. 

I'll stick up for ya.

:draw: