Wisdom Tooth Troubles
I went to the dentist. They X-rayed my tooth, and it looks like this:

[Image: Wisdom-3.gif]

I'm going to see an oral surgeon later this week to have it and probably all four removed.
(02-11-2012, 04:17 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I went to the dentist. They X-rayed my tooth, and it looks like this:

[Image: Wisdom-3.gif]

I'm going to see an oral surgeon later this week to have it and probably all four removed.
ouch.
The pain isn't that bad, it's not a sharp pain, but it is bothering me.
When you have it pulled, and they tell you not to drink through a straw or smoke (if you do) etc. because you could get dry socket, believe them. I had all four pulled 10 years ago and I was a smoker. I smoked carefully. Didn't matter. I got dry socket where two of the teeth had been pulled. Excruciatingly painful.  >:(
I'll be sure to follow their advice meticulously. The last thing I want is to have more unnecessary pain. Thanks for the heads up.
I have a pretty big decision to make before this Wednesday. Should I use Local or General anesthetic? I'd rather be asleep during the procedure, but general anesthesia via IV has its risks.
(02-13-2012, 02:57 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I have a pretty big decision to make before this Wednesday. Should I use Local or General anesthetic? I'd rather be asleep during the procedure, but general anesthesia via IV has its risks.

Both of your perceptions are correct.  The thought of being conscience during an extraction was (and still is) disturbing to me.  Even with local anesthesia one still experiences the sensation of the "tug and pull" and I elected to be "knocked out".  However during the pre-op consultation it was mentioned that 3% of those who undergo general anesthesia don't wake up again.  I was a bit more confident from having been under general anesthesia before (tail bone surgery in Bogota, Colombia during my Peace Corps Service), do I figured I wasn't prone to a bad reaction.

I pray God gives you wisdom in your decison, fortitude for the procedure, and that all is a great success with a minimum of discomfort.  :pray:
Just make a good confession before going in, wear your brown scapular, trust in God and get the general. 

This whole thread is horribly painful to read.  Crooked teeth, dry socket, tail bone surgery.  You poor people. 
(02-13-2012, 09:14 AM)DrBombay Wrote: This whole thread is horribly painful to read.  Crooked teeth, dry socket, tail bone surgery.  You poor people. 

I once had an eye removed.

They put it back though.

(02-13-2012, 03:16 PM)su Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 09:14 AM)DrBombay Wrote: This whole thread is horribly painful to read.  Crooked teeth, dry socket, tail bone surgery.  You poor people. 

I once had an eye removed.

They put it back though.

You did NOT!!!

Did you?? Gross.  And painfully gross.