Wisdom Tooth Troubles
(02-13-2012, 10:13 PM)DrBombay Wrote: You did NOT!!!

Did you?? Gross.  And painfully gross.

Yes, I did. My left one.

When people get queasy, I make spoon references.

But it was actually scarier than a spoon. It was more of a medical looking attachment with arms with little hooks.

(02-11-2012, 12:10 PM)Jenn Wrote: When you have it pulled, and they tell you not to drink through a straw or smoke (if you do) etc. because you could get dry socket, believe them. I had all four pulled 10 years ago and I was a smoker. I smoked carefully. Didn't matter. I got dry socket where two of the teeth had been pulled. Excruciatingly painful.  >:(

I got dry socket from smoking too, in all four...worse pain ever!
(02-14-2012, 12:31 AM)kayla_veronica Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 12:10 PM)Jenn Wrote: When you have it pulled, and they tell you not to drink through a straw or smoke (if you do) etc. because you could get dry socket, believe them. I had all four pulled 10 years ago and I was a smoker. I smoked carefully. Didn't matter. I got dry socket where two of the teeth had been pulled. Excruciatingly painful.  >:(

All four?? *shudder*
(02-15-2012, 11:08 AM)Jenn Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 12:31 AM)kayla_veronica Wrote:

All four?? *shudder*

yep..... :doh:
Everything went well. The doc (a nice, older German guy, funnily told me "Unfortunately you can't just say three Hail Mary's and fall asleep. We have to inject you.) I wasn't really asleep, but they numbed my mouth topically, gave me oxygen, and instead of novocaine, did some kind of numbing via IV.

What hurts me know is the wound to get the bottom tooth (the one that bothered me) out. They stitched it up, and it hurts. Another problem is I'm pretty tired and I have to grind out a 5 pager for a liberal professor before eleven tomorrow. No worries, I'll either wake up real early in the AM or skip my first class and do it.
(02-16-2012, 02:56 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Everything went well. The doc (a nice, older German guy, funnily told me "Unfortunately you can't just say three Hail Mary's and fall asleep. We have to inject you.) I wasn't really asleep, but they numbed my mouth topically, gave me oxygen, and instead of novocaine, did some kind of numbing via IV.

What hurts me know is the wound to get the bottom tooth (the one that bothered me) out. They stitched it up, and it hurts. Another problem is I'm pretty tired and I have to grind out a 5 pager for a liberal professor before eleven tomorrow. No worries, I'll either wake up real early in the AM or skip my first class and do it.

I'm glad to hear it went "well".

Five pages is pretty small, so that should be easy to do in a hurry. If the professor is liberal, just type up some trash and he'll think its amazingly progressive.
(02-17-2012, 09:34 AM)su Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 02:56 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Everything went well. The doc (a nice, older German guy, funnily told me "Unfortunately you can't just say three Hail Mary's and fall asleep. We have to inject you.) I wasn't really asleep, but they numbed my mouth topically, gave me oxygen, and instead of novocaine, did some kind of numbing via IV.

I'm glad to hear it went "well".

Five pages is pretty small, so that should be easy to do in a hurry. If the professor is liberal, just type up some trash and he'll think its amazingly progressive.

I did use the correct adverb, right su? Well instead of good? Anyways, I finished that paper, and had to another last night.
(02-17-2012, 01:05 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I did use the correct adverb, right su? Well instead of good? Anyways, I finished that paper, and had to another last night.

Grammar is right, but I was more concerned with the idea of ripping parts of your body out of your face as "going well".

What do you have to do? I think you missed a verb there.
I had to do another short paper.

Ripping three teeth out of one's mouth isn't particularly pleasant, but I am happy that there aren't (so far) any complications, and that my third molar won't bother me anymore.