Catholics that are attaking the Church
The writing is on the wall.  The Church is being attacked from all corners.  We've seen the destruction of Catholicism for religious freedom and pluralism.  Now, Satan's next step is at hand, the end of religious pluralism with an all out attack on Catholicism and the implementing of atheism as the only acceptable worldview.

When you add in the numerous prophecies of the Church being directly persecuted against, it's easy to see the terrible things that are coming.  The Holy Father will be gunned down.  Our bishops will be imprisoned soon.  After that, martyrdom.
(02-14-2012, 11:02 AM)Walty Wrote: The writing is on the wall.  The Church is being attacked from all corners.  We've seen the destruction of Catholicism for religious freedom and pluralism.  Now, Satan's next step is at hand, the end of religious pluralism with an all out attack on Catholicism and the implementing of atheism as the only acceptable worldview.

When you add in the numerous prophecies of the Church being directly persecuted against, it's easy to see the terrible things that are coming.  The Holy Father will be gunned down.  Our bishops will be imprisoned soon.  After that, martyrdom.

I have had the same feeling since last year. I just saw the film "There Be Dragons" and the portrayal of St. Josemaria's courage in the face of a world gone mad was really heartening.
Well that all may be true and happen. But, why is Cardinal George certain he will die in his bed? And not in prison or the Public Square as a martyr?

Is it because he realizes that he has gone along to get along? The recent spat he had with homosexuals and their "pride" parade could be an indicator. I mean, he went from standing up, to confessing that he has "gay" family members, to getting so tripped up that he started talking nonsense that Church teaching may have to change in the future.

Basically he soiled his shorts. I hope that is not being too disrespectful and harsh. Perhaps it is.

Either way, how he knows his successors will take one for the team is beyond me. Perhaps a little birdie told him.
Why hasn't Cardinal George been defrocked?
(02-14-2012, 05:29 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Why hasn't Cardinal George been defrocked?
Because he isn't a traditionalist.
(02-14-2012, 09:38 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 05:29 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Why hasn't Cardinal George been defrocked?

Check.
(02-14-2012, 09:40 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 09:38 PM)JMartyr Wrote:

Check.

:(
My blood also boils to read about the unholy depredations of Mme Secretary Kathleen Sebelius against the Catholic faith in which she was raised.  Once baptized, one may not effectively repudiate that faith.  Attempted renunciation of Catholic beliefs and engaging in persistently obstinate behavior contrary to Church teaching simply render one an apostate.  One then nonetheless remains a Catholic but is no longer in spiritual communion with the Church.  I could find nothing more recent than this March 24, 2009 article that specifically discusses her actual situation vis-à-vis the Church hierarchy:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009.../?page=all

As most everyone knows, Mme Sebelius was governor of Kansas prior to being nominated as HHS Secretary by the apostate Muslim Barack Hussein Obama, whose tool of evil she has now become.  The record reveals that as governor she had already instituted many anti-life policies in that state which she now is seeking to implement at the national level, such as unlimited contraception and abortifacient contraception as well as abortion on demand.  The Archbishop of Kansas City, Joseph Naumann, took up the matter with [now] Raymond Cardinal Burke, currently Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, but then Archbishop of St. Louis.  Cardinal Burke stated at that time that Mme Sebelius "should not approach the altar for Communion in the United States" and commented further, "...[a]fter pastoral admonition, she obstinately persists in serious sin."  Evidently, Archbishop Naumann also entered into discussions with Donald P. Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington, DC where she currently resides.  It is not known exactly what the content of those discussions was since those talks were not made public.  I would consider Cardinal Burke's published remarks as placing her under interdict (i.e., prohibiting any priest from administering communion to her), but I do not know if he possesses jurisdiction in the matter or whether the bishop of the diocese in which she resides must render a formal declaration to that effect.  It would not seem that she has been excommunicated latae sententiae, that is, automatically excommunicated by reason of having committed an act that has been declared by the Holy See to result in automatic excommunication such as formal heresy.  Cardinal Burke's remarks almost quote verbatim the 1983 Code of Canon Law, Canon 915, "those who have been excommunicated or interdicted after the imposition or declaration of the penalty and others obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin, are not to be admitted to Holy Communion" [my emphasis].

Father John Zuhlsdorf on his website "Fr. Z's Blog" also expressed great indignation at her disingenuous and mendacious remark in her statement transmitting the regulations that "scientists have abundant evidence that birth control has significant health benefits for women and their families..." [Father Z's emphasis].  That in itself should constitute direct a priori evidence of an offense worthy of formal excommunication.  I don't know what the process is, but I do wonder whether the faithful can petition the Church hierarchy to formally excommunicate someone and have them declared anathema.  If anyone on this forum knows the answer, please inform us all.  I, for one, would be only too happy to write to whatever ecclesiastical authorities necessary to expedite such a process.  I can't readily imagine another case in which such an action would be more well-deserved.  Personally, I believe that it would send a powerful signal to other renegade Catholics in public office who routinely deny and usurp the magisterial teachings of the Church as a committed part of their agenda.  I did find this description of the ceremony declaring someone to be anathema (an official form of major excommunication) in the Catholic Encyclopedia-New Advent, which procedure is evidently still in effect, though seldom if ever used in these days

Anathema remains a major excommunication which is to be
               promulgated with great solemnity. A formula for this ceremony
               was drawn up by Pope Zachary (741-52) in the chapter Debent
               duodecim sacerdotes
, Cause xi, quest. iii. The Roman Pontifical
               reproduces it in the chapter Ordo excommunicandi et absolvendi,
               distinguishing three sorts of excommunication: minor
               excommunication [...]; major excommunication, pronounced by
               the Pope in reading a sentence; and anathema, or the penalty
               incurred by crimes of the gravest order, and solemnly
               promulgated by the Pope. In passing this sentence, the pontiff
               [...] pronounces the formula of anathema which ends with these
               words:

'Wherefore in the name of God the All-powerful, Father, Son, and
                Holy Ghost, of the Blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and
                of all the saints, in virtue of the power which has been given us of
                binding and loosing in Heaven and on earth, we deprive N--
                [her]self and all [her] accomplices and all [her] abettors of the
                Communion of the Body and Blood of Our Lord, we separate [her]
                from the society of all Christians, we exclude [her] from the bosom
                of our Holy Mother the Church in Heaven and on earth, we declare
                [her] excommunicated and anathematized and we judge [her]
                condemned to eternal fire with Satan and his angels and all the
                reprobate, so long as [she] will not burst the fetters of the demon,
                do penance and satisfy the Church; we deliver [her] to Satan to
                mortify [her] body, that [her] soul may be saved on the day of
                judgment.'

Whereupon all the assistants respond: "Fiat, fiat, fiat." ["So be it,
                so be it, so be it."]

As noted, of course, she can repent of her sins and errors and be reconciled with the Church, either before or after excommunication and/or anathematization.  There is a process whereby an excommunicated person can do that and the sentence be lifted.  Let us pray to God and to his sainted, ever-blessed Virgin Mother that Mme Sebelius will see the light of Christ and choose to end this soul-destructive course she is on, to do penance and to amend her ways.