where am I?
(02-13-2012, 11:26 PM)su Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 11:21 PM)drummerboy Wrote: See.  I referenced the Matrix.  Now everything makes sense.
You did not see the sequels then..

What sequels? :) :grin:
This thread is a typo. We are nowhere.
(02-14-2012, 03:01 AM)Doce Me Wrote: This thread is a typo. We are nowhere.

[Image: cosmos.jpg]
You can create an existential crisis by starting at yourself in the mirror.  Nothing happens for awhile and then all of a sudden...  a sort of surreal and scary feeling, realizing in a more full way that you exist.  It's really strange.

Anyway, I haven't done that in awhile.  I'm not sure it's actually a good or spiritually safe thing to do.  Interesting, though.
Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday. I don't know. The Stranger Albert Camus

tim
(02-14-2012, 11:10 AM)Walty Wrote: You can create an existential crisis by starting at yourself in the mirror.  Nothing happens for awhile and then all of a sudden...  a sort of surreal and scary feeling, realizing in a more full way that you exist.  It's really strange.

Anyway, I haven't done that in awhile.  I'm not sure it's actually a good or spiritually safe thing to do.  Interesting, though.

How true.  I did this once when I was like 15 or 16, and since then I can't look at myself in a mirror for more than 2 or 3 seconds-- at least for eye contact.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-14-2012, 11:22 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 11:10 AM)Walty Wrote: You can create an existential crisis by starting at yourself in the mirror.  Nothing happens for awhile and then all of a sudden...  a sort of surreal and scary feeling, realizing in a more full way that you exist.  It's really strange.

How true.  I did this once when I was like 15 or 16, and since then I can't look at myself in a mirror for more than 2 or 3 seconds-- at least for eye contact.

Yeah.  It's almost beyond strange. 
(02-14-2012, 11:33 AM)Walty Wrote:

It's creepy.

You guys should find help. I can look myself in the mirror for hours.
(02-14-2012, 11:39 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

It's creepy.

With eye contact?

I don't believe you.  Vid or it didn't happen.

If I'm like shaving or combing my hair it's a little different because I'm not just sitting there, doing nothing, staring at myself.  I'm pretty sure that's what Walty is talking about, looking at a mirror for the purpose of just looking at yourself while doing nothing else.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-14-2012, 11:43 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 11:39 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

It's creepy.

With eye contact?

I don't believe you.  Vid or it didn't happen.

If I'm like shaving or combing my hair it's a little different because I'm not just sitting there, doing nothing, staring at myself.  I'm pretty sure that's what Walty is talking about, looking at a mirror for the purpose of just looking at yourself while doing nothing else.

Yeah.  I'm talking about not doing anything except for staring at yourself and thinking about your existence.