where am I?
You guys are weird.

I understand the concept being expressed, but to me, it helps me focus. Oddly, looking at others is not that helpful for me, but whenever I am depressed, confused, discouraged, I stare at myself in the mirror to get a better grip on myself rather than being tugged around by temporal conflict in my flesh.
But what is the definition of "wierd"?  Can there be an objective definition?  How can we decide who is wierd and not wierd?  Can we do so, given we ourselves might be wierd, and perhaps unable to recognize that others are in fact normal, while we give an erroneous definition to those around us, because they are not like us, and therefore, wierd?
And some people joke about it being painful to think.  How can this be?  Is it painful to think about the experience of having pain when thinking, the whole time causing even more pain, because, while thinking about the pain of thinking, you are thinking, and therefore causing more pain?

We can have fun with this Smile
(02-14-2012, 07:48 PM)drummerboy Wrote: But what is the definition of "wierd"?  Can there be an objective definition?  How can we decide who is wierd and not wierd?  Can we do so, given we ourselves might be wierd, and perhaps unable to recognize that others are in fact normal, while we give an erroneous definition to those around us, because they are not like us, and therefore, wierd?

"Weird".
(02-14-2012, 07:48 PM)drummerboy Wrote: But what is the definition of "wierd"?  Can there be an objective definition?  How can we decide who is wierd and not wierd?  Can we do so, given we ourselves might be wierd, and perhaps unable to recognize that others are in fact normal, while we give an erroneous definition to those around us, because they are not like us, and therefore, wierd?

Are you a relativist, and therefore, a heretic?

Weird is that which is odd, uncanny or unnatural. By principle, there's that which is normal and that which isn't.
You guys are too simple! LOL Grin
(02-14-2012, 08:48 PM)drummerboy Wrote: You guys are too simple! LOL Grin

Are you sure they aren't just so complex that they SEEM simple??
(02-14-2012, 08:49 PM)tmw89 Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 08:48 PM)drummerboy Wrote: You guys are too simple! LOL Grin

Are you sure they aren't just so complex that they SEEM simple??

Ohhhh...I never thought of that.  Perhaps they are some type of Nietschze superhumans.
(02-14-2012, 08:57 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Perhaps they are some type of Nietschze superhumans.

Yes?
He just threw Nietzche in there to sound smart.

Typical move.