Bishop of Little Rock Responds to The Remnant
This bishop is using Facebook to keep in contact with his flock.  It is a means of communication, no morally different than a printing press (you guys are OK with those, right?).  Somebody misinterpreted the bishop's Facebook activities and made up all this bad stuff about the bishop based on it.  So the bishop explained what really happened.

Mr. Zurbek is not listing facts.  He sounds like a crank.  But anyone criticizing a bishop has a receptive audience here, regardless of his credibility.  This prejudice against bishops is appalling.
(02-15-2012, 08:31 AM)maso Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 03:48 AM)City Smurf Wrote: Who exactly is Mr Zürbeck and why does he think he has the right to challenge a bishop as an equal?

Where have you noticed that Mr Zürbeck ever "challenged" Bp Taylor?
Mr Zürbeck lists facts.
It is easy to understand that a bishop who covertly opposes Summorum Pontificum can exert very efficient pressures on his priests to forbid offering the Latin Mass everywhere in his diocese while hypocritically looking to support it. Every priest who disregards his will may be exiled in a poor, remote and wayward parish. All priests aren't as holy as St Jean Mary Vianney.

It is a shame it has come down to this.  For the optimists, the people who refuse to see any wrong in Taylor and his ilk, there will be much head-scratchery; for the "cynics," alas, we recognize the games that are being played.
(02-15-2012, 09:08 AM)tmw89 Wrote: Taylor

He's not your next door neighbour.  Show some respect.
(02-15-2012, 10:44 AM)City Smurf Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 09:08 AM)tmw89 Wrote: Taylor

He's not your next door neighbour.  Show some respect.

You're not a mod.  Stop acting like one.
Just my opinion, but Mr. Zurbeck appears to be in the wrong here.

1. Mr. Zurbeck cannot possibly know whether or not Fr. Barber confessed to Bishop Taylor. I'm not familiar with the Fr. Barber situation, but a quick Google search shows that police have stated that they have no doubt that a sexual encounter occurred. Is this not what we want? Don't we want bishops cracking down on this sort of thing?

2. Mr. Zurbeck does not address the fact that Bishop Taylor celebrated the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Extraordinary Form last year.

Mr. Zurbecks response comes across as arrogant and snide. He may have ended his response in a polite manner, but that doesn't negate the rude demeanor in the preceding paragraphs. I believe that bishops should be called out on things if they're wrong, but in a manner that respects their office. I don't know anything about what's going on in Arkansas, but Mr. Zurbeck did not help his cause at all with his response in my most humble opinion.
What I am surprised about is why the Bishop wants to invite another FSSP priest back to the diocese but the FSSP will not.
(02-15-2012, 11:13 AM)tmw89 Wrote: You're not a mod.  Stop acting like one.

That has nothing to do with it.  You are speaking about a bishop of the Church.  It doesn't matter if you like him or not (though giving ear to petty gossip is hardly going to help).  You show him some basic respect as a Catholic should.
(02-15-2012, 08:39 AM)JayneK Wrote: This bishop is using Facebook to keep in contact with his flock.  It is a means of communication, no morally different than a printing press

You're joking?
(02-15-2012, 01:55 PM)alphonsusjr Wrote: You're joking?

Why do you say that?
(02-15-2012, 01:55 PM)alphonsusjr Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 08:39 AM)JayneK Wrote: This bishop is using Facebook to keep in contact with his flock.  It is a means of communication, no morally different than a printing press

You're joking?

No, I am not. Can you make a case that Facebook is intrinsically immoral?