Divisions in Your Family?
I'm in a similar way to Vetus Ordo and Strict Catholic Girl. In my offering to Our Lady for everything I do, say, and pray, I'm certain includes my intentions for my family. I've come to think because I offer it all to the Immaculate Heart of Mary to best apply them to the interests of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, it must surely cover those here and in Purgatory. Pray, trust and hope is the only answer.

tim
St. Augustine, [u Wrote:Tractates on the Gospel of John[/u], 45, 12)]
You hear, brethren, the great importance of the question. I say then, The Lord knows them that are His. 2 Timothy 2:19 He knows those who were foreknown, He knows those who were predestinated; because it is said of Him, For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover, whom He did predestinate, them He also called; and whom He called, them He also justified; and whom He justified, them He also glorified. If God be for us, who can be against us? Add to this: He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how has He not with Him also freely given us all things? But what us? Those who are foreknown, predestinated, justified, glorified; regarding whom there follows, Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? Romans 7:29-33 Therefore the Lord knows them that are His; they are the sheep. Such sometimes do not know themselves, but the Shepherd knows them, according to this predestination, this foreknowledge of God, according to the election of the sheep before the foundation of the world: for so says also the apostle, According as He has chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:4 According, then, to this divine foreknowledge and predestination, how many sheep are outside, how many wolves within! And how many sheep are inside, how many wolves without!  How many are now living in wantonness who will yet be chaste! How many are blaspheming Christ who will yet believe in Him! How many are giving themselves to drunkenness who will yet be sober! How many are preying on other people property who will yet freely give of their own! Nevertheless at present they are hearing the voice of another, they are following strangers. In like manner, how many are praising within who will yet blaspheme; are chaste who will yet be fornicators; are sober who will wallow hereafter in drink; are standing who will by and by fall! These are not the sheep. (For we speak of those who were predestinated—of those whom the Lord knows that they are His.) And yet these, so long as they keep right, listen to the voice of Christ. Yea, these hear, the others do not; and yet, according to predestination, these are not sheep, while the others are.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?" - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, in an Augustinian mood

The City of God and City of Man are not as clear to distinguish as we might hope, being divided even inside the individual heart until the end.

Both my parents are practicing Evangelical Protestants, with my Dad being Protestant in background and my Mom a fallen away Catholic.  Of my Mom's 7 siblings, four-five practice the Faith (not sure about her older brother, but I think so), one other is Protestant and the other is nonpracticing.  In her huge extended family, it is all over the map, from Catholic to Protestant to Jewish (a cousin of hers converted).  On my dad's side, the situation is similar, with Catholics and Protestants abounding.  Life is complicated.
I have a few aunts and uncles who are Catholic but I never see them for the most part. My father is an ex seminarian (I wouldn't be here had he actually became a priest and lived his vows) who eventually left the Church. My mom thinks he was molested at some point because he is very hostile to the Faith now and attends a bizarre independent Protestant "church" somewhere in metro Detroit where they don't even believe in having a bare cross on the wall. He has been married twice after he left my mom. My mom is a broken woman who has much sympathies with the Church but who, after having my dad leave, feels unwanted by the Church for not being able to receive the sacraments anymore. I really think she would start going back to Church again if she received enough grace and if someone like me lived near her to try to take her. Sadly she tends to have a sort of eclectic attitude to religion the way many others do today and whille still Catholic at heart (if such a thing is possible) she is also fascinated with Kaballah and years ago supported my budding interest in Wiccan magick. Neither of my siblings are religious at all as far as I know and neither have been baptized. After my dad left the Church he fell hard and refused to have any of us baptized. I'm the only one of my siblings that was because I chose it later on. How I have the Faith is a miracle of grace in and of itself with such a strange and semi hostile environment both in the culture and in the family. Perhaps many of us feel the same.
Many. DH and I started attending TLM after Sept 11 (because we were horrified by the way our NO parish had some "rememberances"). I was raised NO and my mom still goes and is active in a good NO parish, my dad left her and is not practicing and is in an PPH relationship. We set some boundries last year about his lifestyle and it has created division with him, my mom and sister. DH converted 4 years ago and my sister has had her sons baptised but doesn't attend mass. DH's mom is protestant, dad is morman, and brothers are not practicing anything. Our 20 month old daughter already loves Jesus and Mary.  :)