More modern rubbish from Australia
After 2 diocesan priests here in Australia started an online petition to restore communion on the tongue, crap like this spews forth from people who have a considerable amount of influence over diocesan matters (especially I imagine, at the moment in the absence of an Archbishop).

Let's pray the people of Brisbane get a strong Archbishop.

On a side note, the Diocese of Toowoomba, the see of the infamous Bishop Bill Morris is a suffragan of Brisbane, so it goes to show how bad things are up north here in Australia.

Thoughts, anyone?

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com.au/2012...union.html

-Steve
My goodness!! Ms Harrington has it sooo wrong!! In no way has the Church allowed for the widespread use of people handling the Host, except for the clergy who have consecrated hands.....And an overempahsis on the Christ's Divinity??? How can a mortal overemphasise on that mystery???

Isn't the bishop of Lismore, Bishop Jarett, acting bishop for the Toowoomba diocese? Is that making any influence "up there"?

In better times, Harrington's essay would have been put on the Index, and she would have been burnt at the stake.

But this is our new springtime, so if certain other individuals are any indication, she's well on her way to eventual beatification...
(02-15-2012, 07:34 PM)Stevo Wrote: On a side note, the Diocese of Toowoomba, the see of the infamous Bishop Bill Morris is a suffragan of Brisbane, so it goes to show how bad things are up north here in Australia.

On another side note, "up north here in Australia" is the weirdest statement I have seen on Fisheaters.

(For the pedant people about pedants, I know what is meant.)

For the topic, people ignorant about the Faith, who do not understand the sacrifice, who have put the grace of God in the back of their mind, it is a sad thing. I hope people in that state "get it" soon.
(02-15-2012, 07:45 PM)Teresia Wrote: My goodness!! Ms Harrington has it sooo wrong!! In no way has the Church allowed for the widespread use of people handling the Host, except for the clergy who have consecrated hands.....And an overempahsis on the Christ's Divinity??? How can a mortal overemphasise on that mystery???

Isn't the bishop of Lismore, Bishop Jarett, acting bishop for the Toowoomba diocese? Is that making any influence "up there"?

Not really, from what I gather.  It sounds like there is a pretty determined group of lay and clerical Morris supporters who are making life difficult, and I'm not sure Bishop Finnigan is doing a lot about it, and the rest of the Australian Bishops, while supporting the Pope, have pretty much wiped their hands of the matter, except for a few odd statements from the likes of Cardinal Pell and Archbishop Hart (it's Bishop Finnigan who is looking after Toowoomba, Bishop Jarret is looking after Brisbane).  A look at the website shows a lot of support for Bishop Morris.  They need a strong Bishop who is willing to really clean house up there.  Whatever is going on, they need a lot of prayers up north.

-Steve
(02-15-2012, 08:05 PM)Stevo Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 07:45 PM)Teresia Wrote: My goodness!! Ms Harrington has it sooo wrong!! In no way has the Church allowed for the widespread use of people handling the Host, except for the clergy who have consecrated hands.....And an overempahsis on the Christ's Divinity??? How can a mortal overemphasise on that mystery???

Not really, from what I gather.  It sounds like there is a pretty determined group of lay and clerical Morris supporters who are making life difficult, and I'm not sure Bishop Finnigan is doing a lot about it, and the rest of the Australian Bishops, while supporting the Pope, have pretty much wiped their hands of the matter, except for a few odd statements from the likes of Cardinal Pell and Archbishop Hart (it's Bishop Finnigan who is looking after Toowoomba, Bishop Jarret is looking after Brisbane).  A look at the website shows a lot of support for Bishop Morris.  They need a strong Bishop who is willing to really clean house up there.  Whatever is going on, they need a lot of prayers up north.

-Steve
Honestly!! Why can't the bishops, and especially the Pope say something????? This is not good for their sheep...
(02-15-2012, 07:52 PM)tmw89 Wrote: In better times, Harrington's essay would have been put on the Index, and she would have been burnt at the stake.But this is our new springtime, so if certain other individuals are any indication, she's well on her way to eventual beatification...
Wishful thinking!!
RC offers a link to an article that debunks the idea that St Cyril advocated communion in the hand.

And even if he had, pretty sure a council (Toledo?) condemned it.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-15-2012, 08:22 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: RC offers a link to an article that debunks the idea that St Cyril advocated communion in the hand.

And even if he had, pretty sure a council (Toledo?) condemned it.

Yeh, yeh, but that's all pre-V2 stuff, so it doesnt matter (except when it supposedly supports the liberal cause)!
Well, the Church was started in 1965.