Fr. Gabriele Amorth buys into Medjugorje?!?!
What fruits?  All the main priests involved with the apparitions have been involved in sexual misconduct.  The piety is inauthentic.  Thousands of people may flock there, but that is no more evidence of fruition than millions of people converting to evangelical Protestantism in South America nowadays. 
As someone pointed out, being a good exorcist makes you a good exorcist.  That's your apostolate; it does not make a priest infallible.

The Church has ruled on Medjugorje -- two separate bishops and commissions stated there is no proof of the supernatural.  If priests don't want to talk about it, Father Amorth, it's probably because they aren't supposed to talk about it!

Unless Father Amorth has had access to the entire record, he knows nothing more than what the "seers" tell him, and what he wishes were true.

I find so many people who do believe in Medjugorje act as if you're doomed if you don't accept the apparitions as being real and from God, no matter that you may be fasting, praying, doing the Five First Saturdays, etc.  If you don't believe in Medju, then you're damned, and Our Lady weeps over you.  It's silly.  To me, that's a sign that it's not legitimate, because it contradicts the Church's teachings on infallibility.
I will preface this by saying that I don't know much about Medjugorje, or really care that much. I do know a good priest who is assigned there off and on to hear confessions. He states that the incredible conversions he hears in the confessional are definite good fruits.

I think his attitude is that if it is orchestrated by Satan, then God has made good of it.
Fr. Amorth is a nutjob, maybe due to his proximity with the dark side of creation.
Medjugorje is to be exorcized, not bought into.
(02-16-2012, 09:00 AM)PeterII Wrote: and the whole exorcism thing is an industry unto itself. 

Nonsense. It is a real legitimate sorely needed ministry. There aren't nearly enough exorcists to keep up with demand. More exorcism and more exorcists are desperately needed in the Church. The bishops are not using the ministry and don't value it.
(02-16-2012, 03:58 PM)SaintRafael Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 09:00 AM)PeterII Wrote: and the whole exorcism thing is an industry unto itself. 

Nonsense. It is a real legitimate sorely needed ministry. There aren't nearly enough exorcists to keep up with demand. More exorcism and more exorcists are desperately needed in the Church. The bishops are not using the ministry and don't value it.

What the Church needs is some bloody common sense instead of Novus Ordo exorcists.  Would they exorcise us of the spirit of Vatican II?
(02-16-2012, 07:59 PM)PeterII Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 03:58 PM)SaintRafael Wrote:

What the Church needs is some bloody common sense instead of Novus Ordo exorcists.  Would they exorcise us of the spirit of Vatican II?

I don't know why but I'm laughing pretty hard at this...it's late...

I just finished reading the book which inspired The Rite.  Surprisingly a good read, nothing sensational about it, and nothing mind-blowing; the author needs a bit of catechesis, but he writes fluidly.  But, you can definitely see glimpses of said spirit, especially if you look up the priests mentioned.  For the time being, I'll have to trust the priests doing goofy healing Masses are also driving out devils.

Fortunately tuff exorcists are still in the world

This disturbs me, that he would speak like this. Something is way way off.

tim
MBW, you are too kind to give this opening...

(Tim, I agree)